Verify offset please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

micky

Reaction score
To anyone who comprehends off set better than me, and that would include a baboon who can type, can you tell me if this would work well?

I ordered a set of Toyo MT 285/75r18.
I am looking at a few 18x9 wheels. I thought for the offset I wanted a -12 but after looking at an offset calculator it appears that the -12 would really push the tires outside the fenders. It also looks like a +12 offset, due to a 9" rim, would give more clearance than the factory wheels and tires stock. Is that correct?

thanks for the help.
micky

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To anyone who comprehends off set better than me, and that would include a baboon who can type, can you tell me if this would work well?

I ordered a set of Toyo MT 285/75r18.
I am looking at a few 18x9 wheels. I thought for the offset I wanted a -12 but after looking at an offset calculator it appears that the -12 would really push the tires outside the fenders. It also looks like a +12 offset, due to a 9" rim, would give more clearance than the factory wheels and tires stock. Is that correct?

thanks for the help.
micky

View attachment 9113
View attachment 9114

Here is my -12mm offset... It works, but closer to stock 34mm the better..

-Greg

Last edited:

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems like 0 to 34 mm is best. R u planning on doing a perch mod? If not anything negative will rub

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
+12mm offset with a 9" wheel will be fine on middle perch assuming the tire size isn't too much bigger than stock

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2