Valve Cover Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paultallwall

Reaction score
Just bumping this - my ‘18 with 73k has same issue. Overnighted one from a ford parts source lasco auto parts today but not confident it will ship. Dealer has no eta and called 20 other dealers. This is Washington state seattle area.

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bumping this - my ‘18 with 73k has same issue. Overnighted one from a ford parts source lasco auto parts today but not confident it will ship. Dealer has no eta and called 20 other dealers. This is Washington state seattle area.
My dealer said there's hundreds on backorder with no ETA from the manufacturer citing supply chain issues.

costnsg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been waiting for the part for months now. I have a temporary patch in place that is at lease preventing oil from getting all over my engine, but I'm tired of waiting for the part.

paultallwall

Reaction score
Hi there! Bumping this as my 2018 cracked the drivers side valve cover after the cam phaser repair at 72k miles. It is not not driveable in the shop due to the backorder of the part HL3Z6582G. I have called 20+ dealers and have an emergency order with ford but not looking good. If anyone has access to this part, I will pay way over list price to ship it to Seattle. Thank you!

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi there! Bumping this as my 2018 cracked the drivers side valve cover after the cam phaser repair at 72k miles. It is not not driveable in the shop due to the backorder of the part HL3Z6582G. I have called 20+ dealers and have an emergency order with ford but not looking good. If anyone has access to this part, I will pay way over list price to ship it to Seattle. Thank you!
Why's it not driveable? I haven't seen one cracked that bad, yet. As I've mentioned before there are hundreds on back order with no ETA from the manufacturer, citing supply chain issues.

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been waiting for the part for months now. I have a temporary patch in place that is at lease preventing oil from getting all over my engine, but I'm tired of waiting for the part.
What kind of patch did you use for this? I found the same issue and assuming I’ll be waiting for a while for backordered parts I’ll be probably looking to do the same.

costnsg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cleaned up the area around the crack with a degreaser (gunscrubber) and taped it with aluminum (metal) duct tape that I had on hand. This tape is sticky as hell, so get it where you want it before contact is made with the backing removed. It held up pretty well for about 3 months, then I could tell it was again leaking slightly.

I have a bit of positive news to add. I went to the dealer and the new valve cover was ordered on June 6, 2022. I checked for status about every 6 weeks until finally when I called in mid January 2023, the dealer admitted the part had arrived a month earlier but the service guys were unaware. Anyway, I scheduled it for earlier this week and it has now been replaced under my extended warranty. Finally!

I hope this means the dam has broken and the new valve covers will be available to all who need one.

costnsg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on my experience, I don’t think what the dealer tells you about your place in the backlog means anything. I was hearing something similar every time I checked and it mattered not one bit. They seem to have no idea when it will arrive until they receive it.

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is true. Well I got my temp fix put on so hopefully I’m ok until then. Just some JB weld lol.

Attachments

• D2105BB9-C1F8-4447-B8E4-C1FAAECE9494.jpeg
    D2105BB9-C1F8-4447-B8E4-C1FAAECE9494.jpeg
    286.1 KB · Views: 46