VA emissions issue with tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JWell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had pulled the battery to do work on my truck so when I went for inspection I had failed for the same thing.
Unfortunately the 1800 miles I put on didn't help. I drove around town for another week took a 300 mile trip and that still didn't do it. I went back to the same shop 3 times and on the forth try they passed it without the sensors data.
I also reinstalled stock tune

Where you running a 5* or SVC tune?

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update. I put back the stock tune and drove the truck for 50 miles and it passed.

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

When I had issues with emission testing during the 1st visit, the shop asked me if my battery had died recently or did I get a jump start. The shop told me issues with the battery causes the ECU to reset and all I needed to do was to go drive the truck and it should reset. I wonder why it did not work for you.

I had pulled the battery to do work on my truck so when I went for inspection I had failed for the same thing.
Unfortunately the 1800 miles I put on didn't help. I drove around town for another week took a 300 mile trip and that still didn't do it. I went back to the same shop 3 times and on the forth try they passed it without the sensors data.
I also reinstalled stock tune

RAPTURR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure why it never reset. I was glad they passed me anyway. Never found out if the reset our not
I have the 5* tune

Rapturr / sent from my Droid Turbo