Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Upper Control Arm/ Outer Tie Rod help

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modification' started by Dr0wningless0n5, Aug 1, 2020.

Fox - Redefining Ride Dynamics
  1. Dr0wningless0n5

Dr0wningless0n5 Member

Just had my shocks replaced on my gen 1 with some new stock fox shocks and set to mid perch. In love with it. Tech said my upper control arms are on the way out and the outer tie rods as well. Truck is a street queen with some light off-roading, and I live in New England. What would you guys recommend for upgrades? Should I just get stock again? Not looking to have to rebuild or service every year. 082EDE9D-6C1A-4DCA-B6C9-9039EBDD9F5E.jpeg 392DE43F-02FE-4FC2-80DD-CC4FEB23FFED.jpeg 58F1069B-C144-471A-808B-9727E8722CB7.jpeg

2. coachhomer

coachhomer Full Access Member

I can’t imagine something is wrong with the actual UCA and tie rod. You might just need new bushings or ball joints in them. Fairly easy to change out of you want to go the inexpensive route. I changed my UCAs and tie rods out to the Icon UCA and the ADD tie rod. Both are nice additions. Good luck!

C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. letsgetthisdone

letsgetthisdone Member

The outer tie rod end is all on piece, you don't just replace the ball joint. Same with the upper arm, it's replaced as an assembly.

You can get Moog upper arms for $55 each and outer tie rods for $42 each from rock auto. They'll be fine for a daily street queen.