Upgrade 2018 adaptive cruise control to have stop and go?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thonda

Reaction score
I incorrectly assume the 2018 had this feature. Anyone know what it would take to upgrade to have the stop and go feature? Hopefully someone has done this before.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the 2018 adaptive cruise control - what do you mean by "the stop and go feature?"
I believe only the Technology Package includes adaptive cruise control. Can't imagine all you would have to do to mod your Raptor to do this without that package.
I'd call a dealership and hold your breath for the $$$$$ it will likely cost.

bkervaski

Reaction score
I have the 2018 adaptive cruise control - what do you mean by "the stop and go feature?"

The 2019 has an additional feature in addition to the adaptive cruise control that will automatically stop and start in traffic:

OP
OP
Thonda

Thonda

Reaction score
right now the cruise will disengage under 10mph which makes it useless to me. I want it when sitting in traffic on the way home... Hoping it's just a sensor module with some forscan updates.

benticles

Reaction score
I researched this before I bought my '18 and it's a shame the raptors don't have it when the Platinums (I believe) do have it. I read somewhere that it has to do with the bumper configuration. Do the '19s definitely have it?

Edit: can answer my own question, yes, the 19s do have it:

• Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2017-18 Raptors don't have the physical LIDAR unit (located in or near the rearview mirror I think) that Fords with stop and go ACC have so it is currently not possible to add. Have not seen any posts of conversions yet. Definitely not possible using just Forscan.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You'd probably find more information on an F-150 forum since the cruise is not Raptor specific. I'm sure someone has pulled it off.

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait, i coulda sworn the 18's were advertised with start/go ??? even the manual mentioned it. whole reason I am actually on this thread right now. Was driving in traffic Sunday and it kept turning off when slowing down. I've usually never let it get that far as the distance usually invites too many idiots to cut in front, and if you have this system, you know what happens when someone does that.
But, have been getting a little more trusting with the new tech.

******. was told that and and wifi hot spot were part of packages bought. oh well.