Upgrade 2018 adaptive cruise control to have stop and go?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wait, i coulda sworn the 18's were advertised with start/go ??? even the manual mentioned it. whole reason I am actually on this thread right now. Was driving in traffic Sunday and it kept turning off when slowing down. I've usually never let it get that far as the distance usually invites too many idiots to cut in front, and if you have this system, you know what happens when someone does that.
But, have been getting a little more trusting with the new tech.

******. was told that and and wifi hot spot were part of packages bought. oh well.

These features were available in every 2018 F-150.........except the Raptor. The 2018 Raptor missed out on the F-150's 2018 mid-life refresh.

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It works good except you can be lulled into going slower if the car in front is gradually reducing its speed and you are not paying attention. I have had it engaged and I'm following a car in front of me and after a few minutes of seeing many cars pass on the right or left I noticed the car is going slower and my speed had adjusted. Switch lanes and it will resume back to your set speed provided no cars are in front.

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It works good except you can be lulled into going slower if the car in front is gradually reducing its speed and you are not paying attention. I have had it engaged and I'm following a car in front of me and after a few minutes of seeing many cars pass on the right or left I noticed the car is going slower and my speed had adjusted. Switch lanes and it will resume back to your set speed provided no cars are in front.

It's even crappier when someone decides you were saving the spot for them and they change lanes in front of you and the truck hits brakes..

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's even crappier when someone decides you were saving the spot for them and they change lanes in front of you and the truck hits brakes..
That is so true

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not possible at this time to retrofit the ACC stop N go into older trucks with forscan and equipment according to the F150 forums, even if you could it sounds like it could take a few thousand dollars to do. If you want it you have to buy a '19.

Wileecoyote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It works good except you can be lulled into going slower if the car in front is gradually reducing its speed and you are not paying attention. .
If you run the display with the digital speedometer it lets you know pretty quickly that the auto-slow down has engaged.

Yeah, I have it on the closest radar setting, but that still leaves plenty of room for someone to jump in and then WOAH!!!

The most useful I've found this feature so far is - as it's named - stop and go traffic. It really just puts along at 3-4 miles an hour following the person in front of you.

mmayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone figured out a way to reduce the 12mph speed limit on this? (To something lower)