Undercover Swingcase ... who has them!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad I found this thread. Thank you all for saving me from ordering one or two of these. Love the idea..don't even care that much if it swings out. Looks like all comparable products I see in this space are also garbage too. Would have loved to use a back corner of bed to stow recovery crap, tools, jumper cables, other infrequently used items.

not garbage at all. fits the role it was made for perfectly. And comes out easy if needed.

D

Deleted member 12951

I installed two of these for my brother today. I did like how it does not require any drilling and reuses factory bolts and holes on a GEN2. For just seeing them installed and checking them out they seem like they will work great for him. He will never take his off-road.

Pokahpolice

Reaction score
They brake. It’s a great design but it seems so simple for them to take a second look and reinforce the front plastic so it doesn’t crack and ruin the $200 case. Mine was busted in a month. Still functioned and held up ok but I never dared to “swing” it because of the cracks.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had em in multiple trucks, have one mounted on driver side in the Rap- my advice is use aftermarket hardware wherever possible to mount. Instead of self tapping steel or AL screws I’d use marine grade stainless nuts & bolts. That & some regular lubrication Would help

Venerous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had em in multiple trucks, have one mounted on driver side in the Rap- my advice is use aftermarket hardware wherever possible to mount. Instead of self tapping steel or AL screws I’d use marine grade stainless nuts & bolts. That & some regular lubrication Would help

There's no substitute for proper lubrication. (pun intended)

Venerous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They brake. It’s a great design but it seems so simple for them to take a second look and reinforce the front plastic so it doesn’t crack and ruin the $200 case. Mine was busted in a month. Still functioned and held up ok but I never dared to “swing” it because of the cracks.

My dad has these on his Super Duty. They work great, easy install but we fab'ed some reinforcing plates for the inside of the case so the plastic doesn't crack/break. Year and a half later and they're still holding strong. Even able to fit under and swing out with his tri-fold bed cover on and fully closed.

FILRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dad has these on his Super Duty. They work great, easy install but we fab'ed some reinforcing plates for the inside of the case so the plastic doesn't crack/break.

great info, but it’s unfortunate to know a customer mod is needed.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
My dad has these on his Super Duty. They work great, easy install but we fab'ed some reinforcing plates for the inside of the case so the plastic doesn't crack/break. Year and a half later and they're still holding strong. Even able to fit under and swing out with his tri-fold bed cover on and fully closed.

If you have a chance would love to see a picture of the mod.

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had my swing case for a few years now and love it. I installed with supplied hardware and use mine on a somewhat regular basis. Never had any issues with mine.

7695CE03-1557-4729-BADA-3EACE8CB96FF.jpeg

Venerous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a chance would love to see a picture of the mod.

As soon as the time and situation allows. Dad's 4 hours away but I'll see if he'll send me a pic for me to post. It's just a 1/8" plate drilled and put inside the case, bolted through.