Turbo adapter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't like 20 horsepower?

Has this been verified on a dyno? Not sayings it's not possible but I just don't think that's where the restriction is on a stock truck. Maybe if you open everything up behind it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has this been verified on a dyno? Not sayings it's not possible but I just don't think that's where the restriction is on a stock truck. Maybe if you open everything up behind it.

I havent seen much verification, but 25% increase in area right off the turbo outlet is nothing to sneeze at

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

I, for one, love the idea of 20 horsepower.

I don't like the idea of tearing the turbos apart, especially where it seems to me they aren't made to come apart with any degree of ease.

Unless you go to a reputable speed shop that absolutely knows what they're doing and stands behind their work if they snap a stud inside the turbo housing... you are really taking a gamble for a small amount of reward.

So far I did the boost max, pedal max, a drop in air filter, and I have cat backs on order. I think if it came down to it... and I wanted to mess with the turbos.... Id want a shop that's done them before.
But before I even went that far.... I'd be looking to see what effect some down pipes with cats have on things.

You don't have to tear the turbos apart, and removing a stud from cast iron isn't exactly rocket science

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score

No and no one will throw their damn truck on the dyno before and after. They keep posting the same tired old dyno charts claiming the gains.

A completely stock truck can vary 20hp and whatever tq on the dyno between pulls without anything changing. Until a bunch of trucks show a positive net gain on every single pull before and after I wont be buying these. A single data point doesnt prove anything so until a reputable shop not affiliated with selling these adapters gets a bunch of concrete results Ill pass.

Bevan11

Reaction score
I finally found a Dyno my Raptor will fit on so I will be doing a before and after pull with the turbo adapters installed. Then I will be going back to do another pull after the Gibson MWA muffler gets installed.

johnjoemd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally found a Dyno my Raptor will fit on so I will be doing a before and after pull with the turbo adapters installed. Then I will be going back to do another pull after the Gibson MWA muffler gets installed.

Please do this and post 3 runs of each before and after. There's like 20hp variation between runs with this truck with no changes.

Bevan11

Reaction score
That is my plan. Kind of concerned though that I only have 900 miles on the truck and I want get good numbers because it isn't broken in yet. Also I have to have some patience with this guy because it is his personal Dyno and he is tough to track down. Plus I really want to put it in already! Trying to help everyone out though!

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I installed the adapters today, it was a bitch and took 4 hours. You really have to have a torch, and not mapp gas, a real acetylene torch, and they come out fine with a stud removal tool. The damn downpipe was a major pain to remove though, and I had to support the tranny and drop the crossmember. Its snowing like crazy so no test ride yet.