TSB 11-4-7 - Third Brake / Cargo Light / High Mounted Stop Lamp TSB/SSM and Fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Raptor with a build date of 4/10 has a water leak. I think it's from the third light, the headliner gets wet and drips on the back seat. I have to take into Ford one of these days...

dezrat

Reaction score
Conejoracer said:
My Raptor with a build date of 4/10 has a water leak. I think it's from the third light, the headliner gets wet and drips on the back seat. I have to take into Ford one of these days...

Just took my 2012 in for the same thing. Ends up Ford replaces the entire light assembly due to the gasket being factory glued on one side.

FarFromStock

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We had a gully washer yesterday while I was at work and on the way home the Hill Decent fault triggered. Parked in the garage all night and on the way to work this morning it triggered again. GRRRRR!!! :favorites68:

Time to make a visit to the dealership I guess.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I removed mine used a shit load of clear silicone, mounted it with silicone on the screw heads and put more silicone around the perimeter of the light where it sits against the truck and it still fills up with water.

devildevil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had ford replace mine on my 2011 today from it being filled with water. It killed the leds in it as well.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Another "fix" is the Recon third brake light. Now I know who some folks hate Recon but I have had great luck with their third brake light. Anyway, they put a huge rubber gasket completely around the housing of their lights. Just put a little sealant for extra protection and your problem will be solved and you get brighter LED lights all for about 90 bucks. Had one on last two trucks and never ever any leak and LEDs held up the whole time.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had to reply to this thread.
I have a 2013 screw with 16k miles.
I have ALOT of moisture buildup in the cabin.
After looking at various threads, I inspected my 3rd brake light.
Yes it has a considerable amount of water inside with one of the Red LEDs NOT working.

go figure folks.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Another thing to check id's the back wall off the cab behind the seat. You might be able to see where the water is running in at as it will leave tracks in the dust. I had a window leaking and the second third brake light I got wasn't leaking.

Donate to Avery and be entered into a raffle for an awesome prize for your Raptor.

RAFFLE IS TONIGHT. GET YOUR TICKETS NOW!
$500 gift card to Freedom Motorsports
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=796727

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another thing to check id's the back wall off the cab behind the seat. You might be able to see where the water is running in at as it will leave tracks in the dust. I had a window leaking and the second third brake light I got wasn't leaking.

Donate to Avery and be entered into a raffle for an awesome prize for your Raptor.

RAFFLE IS TONIGHT. GET YOUR TICKETS NOW!
$500 gift card to Freedom Motorsports
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=796727
We'll do. Thanks Yukon Joe