TSB 11-4-7 - Third Brake / Cargo Light / High Mounted Stop Lamp TSB/SSM and Fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SchultzLD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealership will straight up not cover ANYTHING, even with the TSB's. I know they don't "have" to, but shit, this common of issue, like the fuse 27 problem, should be covered at least under the extended warranty. Ugh, so frustrated right now, I'm supposed to be driving a crossed the country next weekend and now I got more crap to fix or pay for... Hell, just had upper ball joints replaced under warranty, and they had the audacity to try and charge me for the alignment afterwards!

ckanderson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealership will straight up not cover ANYTHING, even with the TSB's. I know they don't "have" to, but shit, this common of issue, like the fuse 27 problem, should be covered at least under the extended warranty. Ugh, so frustrated right now, I'm supposed to be driving a crossed the country next weekend and now I got more crap to fix or pay for... Hell, just had upper ball joints replaced under warranty, and they had the audacity to try and charge me for the alignment afterwards!

Its not them, its FORD. Yes it sucks, but if ford isn't willing to reimburse them for it, why should they do it for free?

Glenbartley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This problem completely destroyed my 2009 xlt lariat screw. Caused mold and a bunch of trouble. Traded it in for the 2012 scab raptor i have now at the same dealer who supposedly tried to fix it 4 times. They used a bunch of jb weld and ruined the truck. Still leaked. Lucky my salesman didnt know the fight i had with service. Got $21500 trade in. Got a 2012 white raptor scab with 20k miles and the lux package with all options for $39k. :) happy now and its their problem.

SchultzLD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its not them, its FORD. Yes it sucks, but if ford isn't willing to reimburse them for it, why should they do it for free?

You're telling me that I should have to pay for warranty work? I know the difference from a TSB and a recall, I was venting and was saying that I feel those types of things "SHOULD" be covered under warranty. My reply was based on the plethora of others saying that their dealerships have covered TSBs or other common issues (steering wheel stripe) where my local dealership will not. Hell, they'll fight to not cover something that is black and white absolutely covered!

The bread crumb feature in the GPS showed these ass hats driving up and down the fields behind the dealership IN MY TRUCK! Dirt all over it, fast food cup left in cup holder all water logged and FREEKING zip ties holding the new dust covers on the tie rods... zip ties! The alignment was either not done correctly or they knocked it out on the "test ride" through the fields. And just to top it off, they lost my brand new key I just got cut and asked them to program. The Service rep said, "oh I forgot all about that key, I gave it to another tech because I wasn't going to be here. It should be in your cup holder" When I told them my key is NOT in the cup holder or even in the truck, the reply was "I don't know what to tell you, I'll have to look into it and give you a call Tuesday or Wednesday" when the are going to replace the zip ties with the correct clamps. But are refusing to re-do the alignment and conveniently also did not keep the alignment specs sheet for me like I asked.

I know it probably don't sound like it from my rant, but I'm normally a nice guy, and don't "shoot the messenger", but too much has happened for me to just smile and wave. Go ahead and pick apart my rant for that one thing that isn't consistent with whatever and argue all you want. Have fun with that.

Ugh, thanks for waking me up. :biggrin: