Truck sits 1" higher on the drivers side rear.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was about 1/2" higher with the OEM leaf spring and I upgraded to Deaver +2 and after some hard desert miles getting the suspension to settle, the driver side actually sit 1" higher than the passenger side in the rear. I have coiler and the front is dead level.

2 questions:

1. Is this normal? I imagine so since my truck was higher on the drivers side stock.

2. Is there a way to fix this other than install a Deaver +3 pack on the passenger side?

ReconReggie19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't answer your questions but I sure would like to know also. I thought it was like that because my factory leaf was shot on the passenger side. Almost bit the bullet and bought new oem leafs....deavers out my price range.

OP
OP
H

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might could find someone with a set of OEM springs left over after upgrading. If they were generous, they might give you one.

That obviously wouldn’t work for him however since they it is a common issue since OEM leafs and aftermarket leafs do the same thing. You however would thing it would sag on the driver side being the fuel tank is there. When my tank is full it is only about a 3/4" difference, but when empty, it is a full 1". This is quite noticeable.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gone to a spring shop to add or take away a bit of arch to compensate for the left right ride height discrepancy?

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the rear L/R height difference is due to the amount of fuel in the 36gal tank mounted on the driver side. In some cases the surface may be unlevel which causes one side or the other to "appear" a different height.

OP
OP
H

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the rear L/R height difference is due to the amount of fuel in the 36gal tank mounted on the driver side. In some cases the surface may be unlevel which causes one side or the other to "appear" a different height.

nope. Still sits higher with a full tank in it.

element217

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not saying this is definitely it but I have noticed when pulling into my driveway in forward vs reverse and how I turn the wheel, it can make a side or front/rear lift or lower more than others. I backed in yesterday and my drivers side rear is sitting about a inch and half higher than passengers side rear. Mine sits perfectly level otherwise. If you take the truck to a flat parking lot - it might be fine.

OP
OP
H

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not saying this is definitely it but I have noticed when pulling into my driveway in forward vs reverse and how I turn the wheel, it can make a side or front/rear lift or lower more than others. I backed in yesterday and my drivers side rear is sitting about a inch and half higher than passengers side rear. Mine sits perfectly level otherwise. If you take the truck to a flat parking lot - it might be fine.

No. It does it on my dead level garage floor. Actually the driver side is higher no matter what. That is unless I’m flexing it out.
I actually went shooting last weekend in the desert and stuffed the left rear wheel in the well as to try and flatten out the driver side spring....didn’t work. Lol

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried loosing the spring and shackle bolts again on the drivers side at ride height and then retorquing after cycling?