Transporting snowmobiles, sled deck vs trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BendSprinter

Reaction score
The extension could work! Seems like someone should make a bed level extension that can hold weight. Have seen sliding drawers but not sure they would handle the weight when loading and everything is on the extension.

Front is bolted on pretty well in a few spots and have to load front first because you have to drive up the ramp. It’s is pretty heavy marchine when configured. Dragging it off, down the ramp isn’t too bad, dragging it up the ramp backwards would be brutal.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just found this thread. I am looking to transport my Timbersled LT. Its way too long for the bed without some sort of decking but I am really trying to avoid a trailer for a few reasons.

1) I would have to store it miles away (without the Timbersled in it) which makes it a huge pain for just loading up and going for the unexpected big snow days. Also this would be the only reason I need the trailer.

2) It gets super crowded in the PNW at the few spots to park. Having just the truck makes it so much easier to wedge into a spot and unload. Especially with something as capable as the Raptor. Having the trailer adds length and kills maneuverability.

3) In really icy and cruddy roads would love to be unburdened by a trailer. Safer rolling trailer free especially braking.

Has anyone seen/found some type of in bed deck that extends the length that would work for a Raptor. Timbersled is almost 11 feet long.

View attachment 114672
Your toy looks pretty cool. Is that a conversion kit that you put on a regular bike? If so, how complicated is it to install and what does it cost?

BendSprinter

Reaction score
Your toy looks pretty cool. Is that a conversion kit that you put on a regular bike? If so, how complicated is it to install and what does it cost?

Takes approximately 4 hours to convert but truth be told I have the dealer so it for $300. I run the bike Spring-Fall as a plated dirt bike and then convert over for the winter. I didn’t want a snowmobile sitting around all year and I already dirtbike so this works for me.

Kits run $3500-$6000 depending on options plus the bike.

Jme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Mission 2 place hybrid trailer (101" x 12') that works great. same exact one as this... I might actually be selling it since my buddy just bought a house in Maine that we can leave the sleds at now, let me know if it's something you might be interested in. I've used it maybe 3 or 4 times... I just haven't had much time to ride the last couple seasons.Mission_101x12_Crossover_Snowmobile_Trailer_C8GnRo.jpg