Transmission 6r80 oil level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtnghost

Reaction score
Just to follow up on the transmission level, all good now, level is perfect when trans is at hight temp and engine running. But !… the reason why I did this oil change was because of a weird whinning noise which I can hear mostly when loading the gear or when higher in rpm. It does whine more in manual than in D and also more when taking a sharp curve , it’s like the old manual gear boxes when going fast in reverse, but not that load. No noise in neutral or park, and unfortunately despite the oil change and the correct oil level the noise is still there! It’s not loud but it’s there ! Any idea on what it could be or if it’s just normal on that truck ?
IWE going out would be my guess, but this is an old thread so hopefully this helps someone searching this issue.

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
IWE going out would be my guess, but this is an old thread so hopefully this helps someone searching this issue.
Yes this is an old thread. I made tools to fill trans I use a Oil transfer pump 12V, bent a break line to fill. To check the level I bent a long 5/16 Bolt put a soft piece of hose that will hold the dip stick. Makes things super easy.
The CAT is so freeking hot. I couldn't imagine doing it without these tools, I cost me ZERO. had the stuff in the garage.67A89D01-7451-4E14-8089-1567DDE8E85D.jpeg
I know this Bag is Diff oil. I cleaned it out and use it for just adding the last little bit. It has LV in it now. LOL
8F7996BA-665A-4782-87EB-8F125EC17FFE.jpegDA0EC51F-5D3B-4DDE-89CF-3B6250302A5D.jpeg

Last edited: