GEN 2 Transfer Case Transmission Diffs Oil Changes. When?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

diverboyong

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Raptor, I was wondering when to do these oil changes Transfer Case, Transmission, Rear and Front Diffs? Raptor only has 37 k of mileage since brought brand new and used mostly on long drives. Only offroad I did on it was on shafer trail 17-18 miles. Quick Lane recommends 30K maintenance on Trans and Diffs? No experienced problems so far in terms of driving it, just did a 2,000Miile drive to Glacier National and Back from Denver.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You will get a million different opinions on this - here is mine. Transfer case every 40k or so, even in 2WD the thing is moving. Trans, eh, at 50-100k miles or so. Rear diff the same, but if you are going to to it I would get a different diff cover to make the job easier in the future, one that has a drain. Front diff same 50-100k or so.

OP
OP
diverboyong

diverboyong

Reaction score
You will get a million different opinions on this - here is mine. Transfer case every 40k or so, even in 2WD the thing is moving. Trans, eh, at 50-100k miles or so. Rear diff the same, but if you are going to to it I would get a different diff cover to make the job easier in the future, one that has a drain. Front diff same 50-100k or so.
What diff cover you used?

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear diff every 30k
Transfercase every 12k (once a year, it is 3 quarts drain and refill of ATF)

If you extremely rarely use 4x4 then could go 2 years 24k on Transfercase

Front diff, same as rear if 4x4 regularly. Otherwise front could go 60k
yeah i figured id do tcase every 25k-30k with the trans, but changed it @ 15k after some offroading the oil was black so doin mine every 10k.
Interesting on the rear diff, i change mine every 50k, but fluid still looks good. Im all for maxin out the lifespan of my stuff so interested on your take on 30k intervals, may start doin that too. Also, whats your take on friction modifier? Its not needed per say but read/heard its not bad to add.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter