Tranny Valve replacement @ 4500 miles??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chartguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another reason to wish for a stick

From day one, I've wished that the Raptor were available with a stick.

jolsen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I just joined the club.14k miles, born on 9-26-11. As I accelerated when the light turned green,the truck slowly started forward , I pushed the pedal a little more then it slammed into 2nd gear,chirped the tires, then immediately shifted into 5 gear. I pulled over and shut it off, then started it again . Same thing,as soon as I started ,it went to 2nd then 5th and stayed there.The speedometer doesn't work either, and the turn signal won't turn off after making a turn. It showed the wrench then later the check engine light. At the dealer now hoping for a report Mon.

Dealership service manager said they were replacing an electrical connection inside the tranny.I get the feeling I'll be taking it back again soon.

RatedSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well Ford tried telling me any clunk, whine , ticking noise that you hear from the trans is "normal condition" . The tech guy thinks Ford is just giving this a normal condition, cause they don't have a fix for it yet.

udiablo

Reaction score
I'm with Chartguy, prefer a manual transmission any day.

Automatics are great for girls.

Swagger4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Car manufactures always do that shit say its normal then later they will have a fix for it. complete bs.

AdkRaptor150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think most people would have loved to have a manual transmission but I think those days have come and gone. Every truck nowadays is auto which blows.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some are just the opposite--Would not consider a truck with a manual. Been there and done that with toyota and the 22RE (loved it) motor and a couple of others over the years. Going to sell my 2012 GT500 and get a ZL1 because I hate to shift (well a few other things too) and mine has the dreaded 1st to 2nd grind..

Last edited: