Tranny cooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As title says, looking to see if anyone has one used or a good priced shipped on a new one.

Interested in the alpha 1 due to having a fan I can switch on and off, or anything with an electric fan.

Thanks for the help!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
JJ f150harley

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TRANNY hehe. Sorry I couldn't resist when I saw the thread title lol. I know I'm a child.
Hahaha yea made the title for that reason lol!!!

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

alpha 1 works for sure.
That's what I'm thinking, electric so I could flip on for summer and off for winter(almost done with the winter living so gotta plan ahead[emoji4])

fordraptorfans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mines wired to go on auto when cars running.
if you live somewhere cold your way might be better. I would likely forget to turn it on lol

Hahaha yea made the title for that reason lol!!!

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

That's what I'm thinking, electric so I could flip on for summer and off for winter(almost done with the winter living so gotta plan ahead[emoji4])

OP
OP
JJ f150harley

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mines wired to go on auto when cars running.
if you live somewhere cold your way might be better. I would likely forget to turn it on lol
Yea I was thinking of this, but I have another year in MI so it might make the tranny fluid too cold in the winter. Maybe when I move back to FL full time I will wire it with the ignition.

fordraptorfans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I was thinking of this, but I have another year in MI so it might make the tranny fluid too cold in the winter. Maybe when I move back to FL full time I will wire it with the ignition.

I wonder if there is way to wire it with a switch that could be shut off but also left to come on and off with the ignition. That would be ideal solution

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ An (easier) way IMHO to bypass all of the extra wiring/switches (where dual season/climate use is a factor) is to install a trans fluid thermostat inline with the rest of your transmission cooling lines/system.

It will allow for only a small percentage of fluid to trickle through (towards the cooler) in cold temps (whatever the cutoff temp is) and then once the thermostat "sees" that the temp has reached that particular temp threshold, it will allow the full amount of fluid to flow towards the cooler.

That's the way some oil cooler units are plumbed as well btw...no switches to forget to flick on/off.

Hope that made sense, try to look up similar setups on other vehicle message boards or search Google for a better explanation if mine wasn't clear.

YMMV

OP
OP
JJ f150harley

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ An (easier) way IMHO to bypass all of the extra wiring/switches (where dual season/climate use is a factor) is to install a trans fluid thermostat inline with the rest of your transmission cooling lines/system.

It will allow for only a small percentage of fluid to trickle through (towards the cooler) in cold temps (whatever the cutoff temp is) and then once the thermostat "sees" that the temp has reached that particular temp threshold, it will allow the full amount of fluid to flow towards the cooler.

That's the way some oil cooler units are plumbed as well btw...no switches to forget to flick on/off.

Hope that made sense, try to look up similar setups on other vehicle message boards or search Google for a better explanation if mine wasn't clear.

YMMV
Humm never thought of that, great idea and like u said eliminates forgetting to flip a switch.

Do you know of a good brand? I have no experience with this, but you clearly do. Thank you for the help!!