Traction Boards and elastic strap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

khildebr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy once, cry once. Finally got them mounted in an out of the way spot with the Builtright bulkhead bar.

You're the hero from Facebook who gave me the links to all of this. Was able to finally get my boards mounted nicely. Thank you!

View attachment 381541
So who’s mounting brackets are you attaching to the bulkhead bar? Appear to be a few options out there with both flat and stand off options.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
After reading the description on Tasca, I need to check to see if the truck already has one.
they’re not a default, they’re an add on and IIRC, there is a different p/n for some of the Jen Too years.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with Axia alloys. They are made specifically for the maxtrax pins
And the mounting holes line up perfectly with the bulkhead mount spacing. Just need to source some 1/4-20 1/2” socket allen bolts (stainless). It would actually help if they were slightly shorter but all I could get.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And the mounting holes line up perfectly with the bulkhead mount spacing. Just need to source some 1/4-20 1/2” socket allen bolts (stainless). It would actually help if they were slightly shorter but all I could get.
Yeah that was a big question that the owner of Builtright answered for me. He said the 6mm Axia screws were super close to the 1/4-20, so I tried it and it worked pretty dam good. If I found the right size 1/4-20 I’d definitely go with them. But so far so good

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that was a big question that the owner of Builtright answered for me. He said the 6mm Axia screws were super close to the 1/4-20, so I tried it and it worked pretty dam good. If I found the right size 1/4-20 I’d definitely go with them. But so far so good
Good to know. I ended up just tightening the screw so it embedded into the bulkhead rail. Not ideal but doesn’t hurt anything. It’s probably less than a 1/16”. There’s no room for a washer in the countersunk hole on the axia.

I also added some 3/4” spacers on the backside so the bulkhead would have support and not bend forward when transporting motorcycles. Pretty sure it would bend without it, the bed rail bends on some trucks from the bikes.

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
back on topic a little. i have a kinetic energy rope from freedom ropes. they are based out of the pismo area. they founded the group jerk pirates, which is a group of people who go out to the dunes and rescue people for free instead of paying $500 or more for a tow truck. several videos of them getting tourists (and even locals, like myself) getting them unburied and back to having fun. lea is awesome. i have their 110k rope. i prefer to support a local business and one that demonstrates their stuff on a daily basis. i used my rope to pull out a schoolbus full of kids out of the snow one winter. and then 1.5 hears ago pulled out a semi truck blocking an intersection during the big snowstorm here in colorado where we got 2ft of snow one night.

the jerk pirates group are on facepage as well as have a vhf channel. if you get stuck, reach out and they will come rescue you. they are awesome people.