Track Armour

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone used Track Armour before, and how was your experience? I will have to drive my Raptor from east coast to west coast, 2800k miles and was hoping this product can protect the front end and sides against rocks and chips etc...

If it is a good product, then I will definitely use it. Can't hurt for $50 to try any type of protection. Installation advice please and tips.

Track Armour Link

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone used Track Armour before, and how was your experience? I will have to drive my Raptor from east coast to west coast, 2800k miles and was hoping this product can protect the front end and sides against rocks and chips etc...

If it is a good product, then I will definitely use it. Can't hurt for $50 to try any type of protection. Installation advice please and tips.

Track Armour Link
From what I’ve read here, it’s a good product and has been referenced here several times. Enjoy the road trip and do post pics of the beaut!

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive used Road Warrior paint on protection. Drove from Columbia, Missouri to NC when I picked up my GTR; no scratches, dings, chips and then pressure washed it.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I drove round trip from NY to Moab twice, and from NY to Idaho. Used no protection. Not only did I not pick up any STDs, nor get anyone pregnant that I know of, I also got no chips, etc. On first trip I did get a rock in windshield and resulting hole filled.

AutoXRacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Track Armour Link
Don't mean to derail the topic... but I'm guessing you're picking up your new Raptor from an East Coast dealer and driving it home to the West?

Any concerns about properly breaking-in the engine? They say to avoid constant speeds (highway) during break-in period.

Vrrooom

Reaction score
Track armor works well- its thick (which painters tape is not) and is easy to apply. In the 'easy to apply' case, know it'll look like crap. And it is also difficult to take off. But it'll do the job of protecting the paint from chips, etc.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
I use it when I go off-road. No issues removing. For what it cost and the protection. It's a no brainer. I will look kind of crappy, but it's only temporary.

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't mean to derail the topic... but I'm guessing you're picking up your new Raptor from an East Coast dealer and driving it home to the West?

Any concerns about properly breaking-in the engine? They say to avoid constant speeds (highway) during break-in period.
I posted about my concern for this in another thread. There are many theories circulating out there about this process. Straight from the owner's manual is the following:

BREAKING-IN - Your vehicle requires a break-in period. For the first 1,000 mi (1,600 km), avoid driving at high speeds, heavy braking, aggressive shifting or using your vehicle to tow. During this time, your vehicle may exhibit some unusual driving characteristics.

I plan on just taking it nice and easy on the first half of the trip and then opening up the truck on the second half. If I can vary the speeds, I will try, but the above from the owner's manual doesn't say anything about that. I've worked on my own vehicles for most of my life. I really don't think setting cruise control at 65 would hurt a new turbo engine in any way. Aggressive driving at high speeds, I can see that being worse. I'm definitely not paying a shipping company, so this is really my only choice.