Towing Opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AutoXRacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look closer...not a Miata....but it compares to some the OP's snow mobiles
Oh no!!! It's a Porsche!!! Damn... from far away it looks like a NA Miata!! Lmao

Sorry, my bad (is that still a thing?) Lol

I should probably get a new prescription for my glasses. Lmao

RivRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've posted this pic in other tow threads. I have towed this 28' cat with twin big blocks with many trucks over the years (Dually, H1 & Gen1) and now with a Gen2. Only issue with the Gen2 was I could get a little sway at upper freeway speeds in a bad cross wind or bad pavement. Problem was, I was using the same drop receiver on all trucks, and with the Gen2s squat the tongue was riding a little too low. Got a higher ball receiver and that seems to have fixed the issue. Soon after purchasing the Gen2 I removed the shutters and installed an 170 therm. It gets in the mid 120's between SoCal & Havasu, AZ....and the Gen2 has no heat or power issues. I've also towed many other trailer set-ups with no issues all while pushing 50K on the OD, only typical Gen2 stuff - Phasers, Sunroof, rattles, etc, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_0673.JPG
    IMG_0673.JPG
    189.4 KB · Views: 41

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've posted this pic in other tow threads. I have towed this 28' cat with twin big blocks with many trucks over the years (Dually, H1 & Gen1) and now with a Gen2. Only issue with the Gen2 was I could get a little sway at upper freeway speeds in a bad cross wind or bad pavement. Problem was, I was using the same drop receiver on all trucks, and with the Gen2s squat the tongue was riding a little too low. Got a higher ball receiver and that seems to have fixed the issue. Soon after purchasing the Gen2 I removed the shutters and installed an 170 therm. It gets in the mid 120's between SoCal & Havasu, AZ....and the Gen2 has no heat or power issues. I've also towed many other trailer set-ups with no issues all while pushing 50K on the OD, only typical Gen2 stuff - Phasers, Sunroof, rattles, etc, etc.
Screw your Raptor man…nice flipp’en boat! Kidding aside, nice setup all around!!

Last edited:

AutoXRacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've also towed many other trailer set-ups with no issues all while pushing 50K on the OD, only typical Gen2 stuff - Phasers, Sunroof, rattles, etc, etc.

Wait, not to derail the thread.... but what's wrong with the sunroof!!??

RivRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait, not to derail the thread.... but what's wrong with the sunroof!!??
Hadn't opened it in awhile (and I knew I should have cycled & lubed it more often), hit the button, crunching noise and no open. Glad it stayed close at least and that I have an extended warranty. Off to the dealer again!

AutoXRacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hadn't opened it in awhile (and I knew I should have cycled & lubed it more often), hit the button, crunching noise and no open. Glad it stayed close at least and that I have an extended warranty. Off to the dealer again!
Oh no!!! How long was it since you opened it?

And you have to lube it?

Tazercat

Reaction score
So I just got my 22 this week (ordered in Aug with rollover in Oct)!! Super impressed by it all the way around. As a daily driver it is by far the best truck I have ever driven. I haven't gotten up to our land to off-road, but soon! I did take it to my boat and put it on just to see how bad the sag was. It was 2 inches in the back (measured from fender to top of tire loaded verses unloaded). I didn't do the front nor actually tow it anywhere, as there was a huge thunderstorm barreling down! For reference, I had a 2016 ford platinum with max tow and heavy duty leaf spring upgrade, 4 inch lift with reservoir fox 2.0 shocks. My 2016 sagged about 1.5 inches. Also, my boat and trailer are about 7000 pounds. So, not level, but not bad. I would like to maybe add timbrens but want to see how that plays out for Hemmy. Might also wait for air lift bags.
Congrats on your 22. I'm hoping to see mine in a few months. Did you happen to snap a picture of your truck with the boat hooked up?

98Craig

Reaction score
Congrats on your 22. I'm hoping to see mine in a few months. Did you happen to snap a picture of your truck with the boat hooked up?
No, just measured. I will probably take the boat out next week and I can try to get some. Truck is getting spray in bed liner and ceramic coating this week. Just not many options to fix the sag right now. Think one guy is trying to get timbrens to fit correctly, but I haven't heard the results. I'd love to see some options soon...