Towing Opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vgzprt

Reaction score
IMG_7899.jpegIMG_7897.jpeg
Here is my 2022 35 package with my boat fully loaded going to the marina for the season. The truck has timbres installed and this is the squat. They install with one bolt with the wheels on the truck and come off when I get home. The boat and trailer are about 10k with full fuel water and gear. The truck is definitely not set up for towing but I only have to go 4 miles twice a year so its no big deal. Prior to the Raptor I had 2019 Denali 6.2 and that was very similar towing rating yet it felt much more stable. Raptor has plenty of power and stops with no problem but bounces up and down and just doesn't feel planted. You can tow with it just go slow and pay attention to the people around you give your self room.
enjoy

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 355785View attachment 355786
Here is my 2022 35 package with my boat fully loaded going to the marina for the season. The truck has timbres installed and this is the squat. They install with one bolt with the wheels on the truck and come off when I get home. The boat and trailer are about 10k with full fuel water and gear. The truck is definitely not set up for towing but I only have to go 4 miles twice a year so its no big deal. Prior to the Raptor I had 2019 Denali 6.2 and that was very similar towing rating yet it felt much more stable. Raptor has plenty of power and stops with no problem but bounces up and down and just doesn't feel planted. You can tow with it just go slow and pay attention to the people around you give your self room.
enjoy
I agree. I had a 2016 Yukon Denali prior to this. After towing my boat for 2 hours on the highway, I felt like the Denali definitely felt more stable and a better overall tow. This works for what I am towing since I am only towing about 6k, but I was hoping it would have been a little better. Every now and then, the boat would get a little wobbly. I only tow like that a couple times a year and I didn't buy the truck for the towing part of it anyway.