Torsen front axle problems ! anyone else ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AUH1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be great if someone can come up with a kit that includes the RCV IWE upgrade, RCV axles and a wavetrac front differential. That should make the front driveline much more reliable. Am I missing any parts that need upgrading on the front?

Rorywg

Reaction score
AUH- looks like you are down the road from me. Have you found a decent workshop to take your truck to? And have you been having the clunk issue in soft sand also?

AUH1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AUH- looks like you are down the road from me. Have you found a decent workshop to take your truck to? And have you been having the clunk issue in soft sand also?

I have dealt with Motortech in Abu Dhabi for some minor electrical work but not tried them for anything mechanical. I do have the clunk and have replaced my front driveshaft under warranty three times. Do you know if any good shops in the area? My truck is out of warranty now.

Rorywg

Reaction score
i have been using Mebar in Dubai (Al Quoz). They are good, but do not have a huge amount of experience with Raptors. I bought my truck from SDHQ in Arizona, and had it shipped out. I know that they have done some work with Motortech. I was there a couple of weeks ago. I have been to Al Tayer a few times. They are utterly, utterly useless. But I'm impressed they have honoured your warranty. Next step for me is to replace the diff with an open differential- I can't go in the desert as the truck currently is, and i keep destroying IWEs. The SDHQ guys suggested that the transfer case may be the problem also- that is next if the new differential doesn't help.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We have talked about removing the inner needle bearing in the hub also. Since the hubs will be locked to the axles. This will also eliminate the weak point in the hub assembly since it will not be needed.

I have planned on testing it with torsen, open, and elocker (or wavetrac).

This ****** IWE system has been my pet peeve and I have made it my mission to make it right.

-Greg (aka Squatting Dog)

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
is electrical simple? anyhow I know it's an on off right now and no chance of slipping down and wearing of the gears like the vacuum dose. I live in a cold climate nothing like getting stuck with a 4 wheel drive that has failed.