Top spd with tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Just thought it was funny. I am just wondering why @t_j had the picture in the first place...

He found it in @2014RubyRed's truck, apparently, these come standard sticking out of the bottom of the driver's seat with that color truck.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Oddly enough, BMW's have them sticking out the top of the driver's seat.

It would have been better if you said steering wheel... missed the opportunity to be funny.

Badass69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have gone over 200 KPH slightly in the FX4... I don't really care where it runs out of speed though as that is faster than I need. The way it is tuned currently it has no limiter ( I think the limits of the PCM on HP was listed as 412 KPH) so effectively no limit. That is going away as soon as I load my SCT based JDM stuff and I don't know where they set it. Don't care either as long as I don't get shut down in the quarter mile from it!

D

Deleted member 12951

I have gone over 200 KPH slightly in the FX4... I don't really care where it runs out of speed though as that is faster than I need. The way it is tuned currently it has no limiter ( I think the limits of the PCM on HP was listed as 412 KPH) so effectively no limit. That is going away as soon as I load my SCT based JDM stuff and I don't know where they set it. Don't care either as long as I don't get shut down in the quarter mile from it!

On the raptor, they changed the speed limiter throughout the years. I am pretty sure on the 2014 it is at 110mph cause I hit it. Most tuners just remove the limit. Some of the speeds I've seen here with just a tune to remove that limit is 135mph. Not sure if that is just where people have let off or if thats the top end considering the aerodynamic of being a truck.

Badass69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My FX4 would do 170 KPH stock or 106 mph. My XLT stopped at 160 KPH stock or 100 mph. It's all tires with most any vehicle and the Pirellis have a higher speed rating(112 mph) than the Goodyear Wranglers( 100 mph)on the XLT. Both trucks are 2013s with 6.2's.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

Speed rating on tires is overrated. Read up on how it is tested and the ratings given

Badass69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't honestly care how it's rated lol.... doesn't mean much to me. It is however the method auto manufacturers use to set their speed limiters.

Driveshaft critical speed will likely get you long before a tire... especially with a 1 piece shaft.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited: