GEN 2 Top 15 Tonneau Covers - which do you have?

Which Tonneau do you have?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice. Mine was built 1/23 and due in any day now. Already have the tonneau, just need to decide line-x vs bedrug or both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm going just straight linex.
I had a bed rug before and wasn't a fan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the bedrug installed as I did in my gen 1 on top of the spray Bedliner as well as a Roll-n-lock series A. Last time I did series M. $1500 installed for the RNL, $400 installed on the rug. Ended up ordering a second rug as I wanted the light last and switch cutouts perfect. Happy with both.

Attachments

• IMG_1594.jpg
    IMG_1594.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_1593.jpg
    IMG_1593.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_1595.jpg
    IMG_1595.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_1596.jpg
    IMG_1596.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 203
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 208

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What didn't you like about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i didnt like the fit / finish.
Used it for the first Snowball and it held so much moisture that it smelled for a while once things melted.
Also everything in the bed slid all over.

Any weight or anything (come along from snowball) permanently imprinted into the bedrug.

Cool idea, but in the end, just didnt fit my needs / desires.

I will be building a custom bed rack to tie everything down when offroad.

Viss17

Reaction score
Bakflip MX4 is great. It's matte black finish matches the truck perfectly and looks like it came from the factory. Also I believe it is the only Bakflip cover that you can leave completely closed while closing the tailgate. The others you have to lift up the back section before closing the tailgate. The MX4 you do not have to lift up.

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bakflip MX4 is great. It's matte black finish matches the truck perfectly and looks like it came from the factory. Also I believe it is the only Bakflip cover that you can leave completely closed while closing the tailgate. The others you have to lift up the back section before closing the tailgate. The MX4 you do not have to lift up.

I also installed the Bakflip MX4 on mine, Have had two bad rain storms and washed truck twice with no leaks. You also can open the tailgate with the key fob with no issues, and close the tailgate without opening cover. its sealed up good, will be sealing up the bed cracks and tailgate this weekend. trying to keep the dust from building up to bad! No issues!

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a Bakflip MX4 from Rick at freedommotorsports on here. Great price, fast shipping.
Fitment on the Bakflip was kinda meh. I expected better from a 700'ish dollar piece of equipment. Slotted metal bracket didn't line up with the screw hole AT ALL, had to do some grinding of the bracket to enlarge it. Shifting the rail around caused the cover to not close. It's resolved, but annoying.
Have not water tested it yet, but I think I'll be putting additional weatherstripping on top of the cover at the front and rear.

I also opted for the bedrug mat and tailgate piece. Bungies/tie downs are always in the truck, so stuff sliding around isn't a concern. Some sort of flat box/tray back there would be nice. The BakBox seemed really cheap and small with a hefty price tag.