Tonneau cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bighaeb

Reaction score
Bakflip G2 has never let me down on 3 previous trucks, including 1 Raptor. Good product that can be found for $700ish at times if you keep your eyes open

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you like the bakflip style, get a bakflip...I have the MX4 and love it. You can get a deal close to half the price of that Fusion if you work with the FRF vendors directly.

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you're asking for opinions...

Not a fan of the roll-up or fold-up types. They are generally not water proof and the hinged areas are made of material that will deteriorate due to use and exposure. The other drawback of that type is that when retracted fully they occupy some portion of the bed or block the rear window.

That diamondback unit looks rugged and might prove more waterproof (unclear to me about the hinges) than the roll/fold types, but it looks like a PITA to remove it if needed if removal is even possible.

I'm a fan of the solid one piece units. My last three trucks had undercover brand on them but I'm a fan of the design not the manufacturer, so I'm sure other brands offer the same advantages. I've never had my gear get wet under one, maybe a hurricane would get some water in, but not normal rain. They can support several hundred pounds on top of them, and can be installed/removed by a single person if you need to put something tall in the truck, although I suggest having help if it is a really windy day :)

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the paint matching. I've never heard of this company, so no idea about quality. I put an Extang Classic Platinum snap down on mine as I've done with all 5 trucks I've owned. They're mostly waterproof and durable. I had one on my 93 Lightning and when I traded in 2003, it was still in good shape.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do not like the stripe look it creates with the color matching panels.

I have used BackFlip on my last three trucks and unlike one of the previous posts, I think they hold up extremely well. I have had a BakFlip G2 on my 2010 Gen 1 for the 8+ years in Texas and I have had zero issues with deterioration or failures of the hinge areas. I bought the BakFlip F1 for my Gen 2 and the all black color does not have the striped look.

ARE makes really good pickup truck tops, but the Fusion is their first attempt at a fold-able cover. I had one of their solid lids on a previous F150 KR, but I did not like that it was difficult to carry anything larger than the height of the bed. It was too heavy to remove easily and there was no place to put it except on the floor of my garage. The color-matched solid lids look the best, but they make the back of the truck difficult to use for carrying medium to large items. The black undercover lids are much lighter, but they look cheap, so I would never put one on a Raptor.

I also had a Pace retractable on an F250 SD, but the canister took up a lot of room in the front of the bed, so I prefer the fold-able design.

Last edited: