GEN 2 Tonneau Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

Here’s my cover installed. The matte fabric finish is amazing! Thanks to rick@freedom for hooking me up!!

893490943ca6b972f8868a86fc475ddc.jpg

8b57be91ca2dca51c48877c3fd13b6f2.jpg

Ugh, now I will most likely replace my Truxedo LoPro with this one. The low profile looks awesome.

danmcw34

Reaction score
Here’s my cover installed. The matte fabric finish is amazing! Thanks to rick@freedom for hooking me up!!

893490943ca6b972f8868a86fc475ddc.jpg

8b57be91ca2dca51c48877c3fd13b6f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which cover is this one? Looks like the truxedo pro x15? Pricing? Love the look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mach'er

Reaction score
I can't find anything on their website about if the top is rated for any weight. I know the bars are 120lbs each I believe, but if I wanted to walk on the top of it like some of the other covers is it possible with this one with out bending it?

The top is rated as 500 lbs, evenly distributed. I'm not going to walk on mine to find out if it bends. I'm a bit shy of 500 lbs, but that evenly distributed part makes me not want to try it.

I think they said I can put up to 220 lbs (100 kg) on the cross bars - or add a third bar for more capacity.

The bars can mount across the top of an open bed with the cover removed, if there's ever a need to do so.

It meets my needs as far as I can tell so far. I had a soft tonneau on my old '03 FX4, and I went 14+ years without having the need to walk on it - so I think I'll be okay.

Trail_Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ugh, now I will most likely replace my Truxedo LoPro with this one. The low profile looks awesome.

How does this compare to BAK Revolver X2? I had a BAK Roll X on my Gen 1 for a few years and liked it for the most part. But eventually over time the latch would pop open, at first it only during the winter, then it started to happen all the time on rough roads, etc. Which is why I'm shying away from the Revolver for my Gen 2 truck.

The Tuxedo looks promising, but how secure is it? In terms of being able to lock stuff in the bed and how robust is latch? I don't want the popping open issues I had with my old Roll X to happen again.

Any insight would be appreciated.

D

Deleted member 12951

How does this compare to BAK Revolver X2? I had a BAK Roll X on my Gen 1 for a few years and liked it for the most part. But eventually over time the latch would pop open, at first it only during the winter, then it started to happen all the time on rough roads, etc. Which is why I'm shying away from the Revolver for my Gen 2 truck.

The Tuxedo looks promising, but how secure is it? In terms of being able to lock stuff in the bed and how robust is latch? I don't want the popping open issues I had with my old Roll X to happen again.

Any insight would be appreciated.

The Truxedo is a soft cover so not really a comparison to the Revolver X2. Before my Truxedo Lo Pro I did have the Roll-X. I did have the popping issue but that was only when I took it off-road. The bed sides would flex and the issue was not the latch to open it but to two plastic latches on both sides. They were not long enough to hold the cover in the groove when the bed sides moved during heavy off-roading. I solved that issue by strapping down the sides and middle with small chains. But the biggest improvement was adding bed stabilizers that kept the bed sides from not flexing. After that, the cover never popped and I took it to Baja without issues in the dirt.

The latching mechanisms on the Revolver X2 is a big improvement over the Roll-X but I would still suggest a bed side stabilizers if you plan on off-road with it on. The Truxedo works out better for me when I off-road because its easy to take off or just leave rolled up. I would not leave the Revolver rolled up when off-roading for fear that it might hit the back glass and break it. I have never had the latch give way on the Truxedo.

If you want the ultimate in security, get the Revolver X2. If you are wanting a soft cover (not as secure), that new Truxedo Pro X15 is hard to beat.

Trail_Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Truxedo is a soft cover so not really a comparison to the Revolver X2. Before my Truxedo Lo Pro I did have the Roll-X. I did have the popping issue but that was only when I took it off-road. The bed sides would flex and the issue was not the latch to open it but to two plastic latches on both sides. They were not long enough to hold the cover in the groove when the bed sides moved during heavy off-roading. I solved that issue by strapping down the sides and middle with small chains. But the biggest improvement was adding bed stabilizers that kept the bed sides from not flexing. After that, the cover never popped and I took it to Baja without issues in the dirt.

The latching mechanisms on the Revolver X2 is a big improvement over the Roll-X but I would still suggest a bed side stabilizers if you plan on off-road with it on. The Truxedo works out better for me when I off-road because its easy to take off or just leave rolled up. I would not leave the Revolver rolled up when off-roading for fear that it might hit the back glass and break it. I have never had the latch give way on the Truxedo.

If you want the ultimate in security, get the Revolver X2. If you are wanting a soft cover (not as secure), that new Truxedo Pro X15 is hard to beat.

Awesome, thanks for the feedback.