To Level or not to Level - 11.5" wide 35" tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisK661

Reaction score
Just got my 2020. Planning to move to a method 18" wheel and 35" Cooper AT3 XLT tire. They have two options, one that is a 11.5" wide version 285 75 R 18. 34.84 diameter and 4 pounds lighter than our stocks. With the offsets/etc the front of the tire is in the almost exact location as the stock, just the inside is 1" further away. Am I overthinking not staying with the stock width and just increasing the 1/2" to 35's? Anyhone running a more narrow tire? I am guessing a leveling kit won't be needed with the slight height change from 34.5 stock. I originally wanted to level it but want to stay with the stock feel. Don't know if that is achievable. Being recommended from the local shop to do the daystar 2" spacer kit. Doesn't seem like most on here are fans of that option. 90% highway miles and 10% offroad/snow.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The stock tire is basically a 35. With you going narrower you won't have issues. I just put a set of the Eibach springs on mine, and I love the look. Plus, they're beefier than the stock springs and it helped a ton with the nose dive you get when you brake. I would do the springs long before I ever did spacers or collars. Got them for $215 shipped from [email protected]

OP
OP
C

ChrisK661

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. What have you noticed on your road/dirt road ride? Mainly I am wanting to make sure the narrower tire hasn't had an adverse affect beside look (which I actually like).

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. What have you noticed on your road/dirt road ride? Mainly I am wanting to make sure the narrower tire hasn't had an adverse affect beside look (which I actually like).

it’ll be worse in sand/mud w/ a narrower tire but probably better ion street in snow/rain depending on siping

it’s all negligible though b/c you’re only going incrementally narrower not a bunch