Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

To buy or not to buy aExtended warranty for a high milage Gen1

Discussion in 'Ford SVT Raptor General Discussions [GEN 1]' started by Colinago, May 11, 2019.

1. BRaptor14

BRaptor14 Member

I would check zeiglerfordesp.com

I got my Raptor back in January and the dealer wanted something like $2500 for a 2 year ESP warranty.

Did some research and found that website as well as others selling the Ford ESP. I haven't pulled the trigger on getting one yet since I have the Ford CPO right now but Ziegler had a 6 year 120k mile warranty for $2100. So for $400 less I could get 4 more years and about 30k more miles.

So I would say look around online or at other dealerahips for the ESP if that dealership won't come down off that $5000 price tag. Ziegler is quick to see what your options they offer would be and to give a comparison.

2. Kirkw

Kirkw Member

Bought an extended warranty for my 13 SCREW when bought used @65k. Had a trans issue with wires rubbing the frame, which would only occur on big bumps (like a major pothole) shorting and causing a shift from whatever speed or gear usually 5 or 6 to 1. Bit of gremlin to diagnose, but was eventually covered. With all the electronics under the metal it can pay for itself in one or two claims. We all hope there are never any problems, but with complexity comes problems.

3. CrotchCritter

CrotchCritter Member

Don't do that, go online and buy from an actual Ford dealer and you'll save a ton as there's no markup. I bought a 6 year 100k bumper to bumper for my 18 raptor (fully loaded 72k msrp) for $1100 through Ford ESP. Google Ford ESP (Theyre all authorized Ford dealers, 100% legit and it's an actual Ford warranty). Accepted at EVERY single Ford dealer in the country.

5k for a warranty is insane. I know I said Ford 40 different times, but I'm driving home the fact that it's an actual Ford warranty, through Ford, accepted at every Ford dealership, and 100% legit. Why pay 5k for a warranty that's probably some bullshit 3rd party?

BenBB likes this.
  4. Dalamar

Dalamar Full Access Member

I got one through my ford dealership, 2 years ago. it's paid for itself 4x over.
    So four thumbs up here!

5. Ricoman

Ricoman Full Access Member

YEP..!! I thought everyone knew all Insurance agents talk up a storm when selling you all the extras,and giving you the doom and gloom story about everything that can go wrong....AND THEN....talk up another storm when you try and collect,and they got a million reasons WHY ITS NOT COVERED....Still not as bad as Lawyers & Car Salesman...but they are in my top 5..! LOL

6. Ricoman

There is a huge mark-up on the Warranties.....thats why when you search Ford ESP all the dealers have different prices for same policy...Its just like buying a new truck...haggle-haggle-haggle....

7. Ricoman

What he said.....and ya just gotta haggle with them .... Got the guys at local Toyota to drop from over $4,000 to under $2,000 after I told them I found a Toyota Dealer who would sell for $1100....didnt buy from either of them,but it sure was fun to see look on Credit Managers face when I called his bluff....they think everyone is stupid and ready to throw $$ at them....
    That ZeiglerFord looks to have good prices,and for sure way lower than the crazy $5,000! That salesman must either have his own "Raptor Fund" or wants to take the family to DisneyLand with a quoted price that high...
    As I figured..$2000-$2500 is more in line.

Found this link also that was informative...

https://www.edmunds.com/auto-warranty/how-to-get-the-best-price-on-an-extended-car-warranty.html

8. Mark J

Mark J Member

I feel like my steelership, Richmond Ford is trying to avoid any warranty repair at all costs as well. Said the knock in my front end was shocks. I had those rebuilt on my dime, only 29k on my 2014. Knock is still there. We will see what that say next.

9. spirit

spirit Full Access Member

I agree that any warranty needs to be purchased from the Ford Dealership. I try to look at these things from the other side -- Ford has crunched the numbers and is betting you will not be pulling-out more money than you paid for the warranty, or they would lose money of course. I would go with their thinking and buy some mods instead!