Throttle stuttering on acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ckhris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought in 2013 that the need for a weep hole was not needed. Who knows with the newer one though.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
About the weep hole? if so I never even told that to the tech. I squelched that idea with the customer right away.

Please do, and if you and he don’t mind, record it. I wish I’d recorded my local mechanic, for attribution when I ran that stupidity past him. He almost laughed me out of the shop.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Please do, and if you and he don’t mind, record it. I wish I’d recorded my local mechanic, for attribution when I ran that stupidity past him. He almost laughed me out of the shop.

I can't even guess how many ecoboost vehicles I've personally sold since they came out but it has to be at least 200. Not to mention how many the dealership has sold. We have NEVER drilled a weep hole in any of them or know that any of our customers have.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay.

Hotline initial reply was that it's normal because we verified it in 2 like vehicles. our tech explained that it's not normal and that we just have 2 vehicles with the issue. They now are focusing on the torque converter again. They want us to take a 3.5 ecoboost 17' F150 out and data log the torque converter commanded and actual slippage. They said the 17' 150 has the identical tranny as the Raptor and that would be the best to compare it to.

They also clarified that 10 RPM variation difference in commanded and actual is correct. So we did at times see 66 RPMS of variation which could be the problem.

As soon as the shop gets caught up and I'm free we'll get that done.

Sorry for the fix dragging on but I put customer work first so we work my truck in when we have time.

I'll keep updating as I get more info.

Last edited:

Ckhris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing to be sorry for
Interesting other F150s doing the same.
You may create a TSB from all this.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nothing to be sorry for
Interesting other F150s doing the same.
You may create a TSB from all this.

The diagnostic process with stuff like this can get rather lengthy. This type of stuff interests me so that's why I put the time into it. It's pretty amazing how sophisticated these vehicles have become over the years. The bad thing about this process is Ford won't pay us a fraction of the diagnostic time we'll have involved with it. That's why most dealers want to wash their hands of situations similar to this.