The reasons why I can't justify buying a Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewAgePhilosopher

Reaction score
Looks like the only people left driving G1's are just out high school buying them on the used market.

Which explains a lot of the G1 ******* trolling in the G2 area.

#suckit

Lol. Or there are some of us that have enough money to have the Gen1 (bought new, of course) and several other NICER vehicles to use as daily drivers, and don't feel the need to upgrade to a better interior while downgrading to a ****** power-train.

We get it - Ford figured that most of the original Raptor buyers wouldn't want to downgrade to the newer generation, so they had to market it to mileage concerned, drag race savvy, Starbucks drinking lib-tards.

No, I don't give a shit about my Raptor's mileage. No, I don't drag race in my Raptor. And no, I don't drink Starbucks - hell, I don't even need coffee on a daily basis. This is why Ford gave you the Jenny. Enjoy.

If/when a V8 is announced on the Jenny, there will be parents teaching their kids driving on the EB Jennies 'cause they'll be so common and worthless. Enjoy the Eco-shit till it lasts. :flipthebird:

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the only people left driving G1's are just out high school buying them on the used market.

Which explains a lot of the G1 ******* trolling in the G2 area.

#suckit

If that was true, they'd be working 10 jobs to afford it, and have no time to post here. The same people are driving gen 1's as there always was.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol. Or there are some of us that have enough money to have the Gen1 (bought new, of course) and several other NICER vehicles to use as daily drivers, and don't feel the need to upgrade to a better interior while downgrading to a ****** power-train.

We get it - Ford figured that most of the original Raptor buyers wouldn't want to downgrade to the newer generation, so they had to market it to mileage concerned, drag race savvy, Starbucks drinking lib-tards.

No, I don't give a shit about my Raptor's mileage. No, I don't drag race in my Raptor. And no, I don't drink Starbucks - hell, I don't even need coffee on a daily basis. This is why Ford gave you the Jenny. Enjoy.

If/when a V8 is announced on the Jenny, there will be parents teaching their kids driving on the EB Jennies 'cause they'll be so common and worthless. Enjoy the Eco-shit till it lasts. :flipthebird:

91sn32Q.jpg

TMW!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why can't people accept that G2 > G1? Like a slow inevitable death . The 6.2 boat anchor is a pig of an engine.

There is not one thing the G1 had that's better than G2, not one. Don't tell me a worthless comment like "exhaust note"... that's like saying the Nissan GTR or Ford Gt are **** when they are the fastest production cars right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why can't people accept that G2 > G1? Like a slow inevitable death . The 6.2 boat anchor is a pig of an engine.

There is not one thing the G1 had that's better than G2, not one. Don't tell me a worthless comment like "exhaust note"... that's like saying the Nissan GTR or Ford Gt are **** when they are the fastest production cars right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 6.2 engine weighs 250 lbs more than the eco. Figure a gen 1 with driver weighs the same as a gen 2 with driver plus his girlfriend

40oz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have to say, first thread that I've read from start to finish. Somewhere in the middle some Gen 2 guys showed up and started making waves, but really like reading the Gen 1 perspective and feedback.

I have to agree with many others. The Gen 1 is iconic, body lines are better, love the front grill matched with a tube radius bumper. 6.2L always puts a smile on my face. Love how it rides and the complements/comments from people that are not quite sure what it is...seeing the Ford badge but not too familiar with the Raptor concept. I plan to drive mine until the wheels fall off...and from the abuse I've seen these trucks take, that proves to be a long time from now.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
I guess I'll have to comment on this. I've read nearly all the pages haha.

To me, the G1 vs G2 reminds me very much of my 97 (MK4) Supra, vs the newer DBA GTR.

The Supra is iconic, original, sounds amazing, performs very well when modded, etc.

However, the GTR is just BETTER. Just the interior upgrade is a huge one for me, and the power and performance out of the box doesn't even compare. I think most will agree that the Supra sounds better and is more iconic. Any arguments beyond that are usually Supra owners that can't afford buying a GTR. Seems to be a similar case here. Also if you throw aftermarket turbos/manifolds on the GTR it sounds like a different animal. I'm the sure it's similar with the G2.

Both awesome vehicles, but the G2 is clearly an upgrade. G1 is still more awesome then nearly all other trucks so you G1'ers are still winning. Also, I've been waiting yearssss for the new Raptor to come out. I just couldn't pull the trigger on a G1. Was too basic. Interior horrible. And i prefer forced induction with trucks. That is all

Last edited:

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i dont work at all. i made all my money on a stamp investment. so boom.

i think its hilarious people think any of the back and fourth actually matters. as long as you like what you have then just ******* drive it.

also, i hate how the gen2 sounds.