The Raptor's off-roading versatility?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Thanks for all the tips.

BTW, I found a video on Youku, the Chinese equivalent of Youtube, of an offroading tour group in China. Not sure you guys can access it, but give it a try if your interested to see what they're running over here. Not a very exciting video, but somebody had a Raptor. Here's the link. 越野E族北京大队翁牛特穿越片头 - 视频 - 优酷视频 - 在线观看

nice vid. it reassured me also that FJ owners have more misconceptions about what their trucks are capable of than Jeep owners.

OP
OP
Slick67

Slick67

Reaction score
Thanks Nodak. Great vid. This is exactly the kinda of vids I'm looking for. Good to know the Raptor is good for more than just romping in the sand and dirt.

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
funny how different terrain is, back east thats not crawlin" thats the road to get to the trails.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Lol Warrior - agreed 100%
But that driver was learning how to get used to his truck and had a guide. Most of us get to learn the hard way by trying to follow others...

The key is knowing where your boots are - and in this truck, they're wider than most people are used to!

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
JP7 covered this pretty well. I have had my truck out doing lots of different things (I posted some of it in the Southwest forum) and it did them all pretty well except for mud. The mud was red clay and loaded the tires up. I will be looking for a set of MTs after these wear out.

probly the best crawling vid in seen
Cool vid. Looks like he was not using low range, which would have benefited him. A spotter is a very good idea on trucks this size on a trail like that.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Cool vid. Looks like he was not using low range, which would have benefited him. A spotter is a very good idea on trucks this size on a trail like that.

Yeah, it looked like 4 high to me as well. Unless the trail requires a speed of more than 20mph - I always prefer using 4low. It's so much easier on the truck and braking is minimal when using the gearing to navigate terrain.