TFL Finds 2021 Ford Raptor Horsepower and Torque Numbers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
The PowerBoost has more peak torque than the H.O., but it’s still down 20HP. The main issue is that the PowerBoost option adds 600lbs to a standard F-150 3.5 SuperCrew. On a Raptor, the curb weight would climb from 5700lbs to 6300lbs, which is of course is detrimental to high speed off road use. The PowerBoost option is also not compatible with the 36 gallon fuel tank, as the battery occupies that space. So you’d end up with a more expensive, much heavier, less capable off-road truck with less range. As good as the F-150 PowerBoost is, that powertrain just doesn’t fit the Raptor’s use case.
What the heck weighs so much? It's a 1.5kWh lithium-ion battery, motor and inverter. Tesla's 75kWh packs weigh a bit over 1000lb, and a third gen Prius battery is 1.3kWh and weighs 93lb.

Looked at the weight info here and it's about 600lb as you said: https://media.ford.com/content/dam/...2021/f150/pdfs/2021-F-150-Technical-Specs.pdf

Figured it must be "if you get Powerboost you have to get a bunch of luxury options"...but nope, you can build a 2wd crew cab XL with *ONLY* the Powerboost as an option.

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score
What the heck weighs so much? It's a 1.5kWh lithium-ion battery, motor and inverter. Tesla's 75kWh packs weigh a bit over 1000lb, and a third gen Prius battery is 1.3kWh and weighs 93lb.

Looked at the weight info here and it's about 600lb as you said: https://media.ford.com/content/dam/...2021/f150/pdfs/2021-F-150-Technical-Specs.pdf

Figured it must be "if you get Powerboost you have to get a bunch of luxury options"...but nope, you can build a 2wd crew cab XL with *ONLY* the Powerboost as an option.

Hey man.. that inflated sense of righteous self-worth that comes with driving a hybrid or EV is HEAVY!

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey man.. that inflated sense of righteous self-worth that comes with driving a hybrid or EV is HEAVY!

Let's not confuse a Prius with an F150. I doubt there are many people buying the F150 PB so they can virtue signal saving the planet. The PB has the benefit of better performance, better MPG, and power generation utility. Lightning on the other hand...probably a mix of actual functionality buyers and planet savers.

VelociRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford hasn't said they have a Lightning-Raptor in the works. Not sure how they would redesign a product they don't have.
I know they don’t, my suggestion was to go back to drawing board for the lightning which has stupid range of 300miles.
Sorry if it wasn’t clear.

Spinothalamic

Reaction score
Why are they messing with me? I click the reserve now button and it brings me to a Lightening reservation page. lol.CB342ACC-0FDD-41A2-8D1E-1A2E24BB5BAF.jpeg

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it is the same just release them at the time of the announcement hanging on to that makes zero sense.
if they release the numbers and they r the same , there will be months of ******* on ford by us , and other manufactures have time to shit on the raptor in commercials . if the numbers were great we would know them by now ,they have left no stone unturned with the rest of the truck