Texas Raptors...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daniel76

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see there are a lot of members here from Texas. Anyone you want to reccommend in South Texas (Houston area) for maintenance on your Raptor? I'll do some of the work myself, but there's other things I would much rather pay someone to do.

Thanks!

OP
OP
D

Daniel76

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not so much that I can't do, but don't have the time to do. I'll probably just stick to doing oil changes for now.
I just purchased this truck, and with 93k miles, I have no idea when all the fluids were changed last. Like to get all the fluids flushed and changed except for the oil. I also don't see myself doing the shocks either.

Without know what has been changed when, I'd rather be safe than sorry with the fluids. With the shocks, it would be nice to have someone reputable look at them and see if they need replaced/rebuilt.

BTW, it is a 2013. Looks like it has been taken care of, but I'm a big believer in preventative maint.

Last edited:

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear ya! Gotta take care of that stuff. Most of those things are just as easy as changing the engine oil.
Transfer case, rear diff are pretty easy to swap fluids. Tranny is not to hard either its just a bit messy.
For shocks it might be worth a trip over to Texas Shock works in Hutto. They can rebuild and upgrade shocks. They even have a swap program too. They might be able to all the fluids for ya too.