Tailgate appliqué installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill0927

Reaction score
Where did you get your appliqué.? From Ford directly.? I heard they were back ordered forever.

I personally would do the 3M tape to start off with it that holds it without rattles, etc. leave it that way and secure enough then you need to drill the holes.

Appreciate letting me know where you got your appliqué.

JD03Cobra

Reaction score
I also would recommend the 3M route. I have a $3k carbon fiber spoiler on my Viper that is held on by 3M. No issues at 150+ mph.

Attachments

• 20220628_202531.jpg
    20220628_202531.jpg
    355.6 KB · Views: 58
OP
OP
KingBluey

KingBluey

Reaction score
Where did you get your appliqué.? From Ford directly.? I heard they were back ordered forever.

I personally would do the 3M tape to start off with it that holds it without rattles, etc. leave it that way and secure enough then you need to drill the holes.

Appreciate letting me know where you got your appliqué.
I got it from elder ford in Tampa, took 3 weeks. I did not end up buying it since the dealership backed out of installing it due to “liability” issues. Also because I plan on selling/trading this truck soon so I figured it’d be a waste of money.

Lanthas

Reaction score
I figured I would update this since the OP helped me get this appliqué by providing the full part number and the few dealers I spoke to down here in SoCal did not wish to provide the full one unless I purchased from them.

I paid $1000 with tax and shipping from an online OEM retailer. Lakeland Ford in FL if I recall. Took about a week and a half from ordering to arrive.

Appliqué got here today and was the one I was looking for to go on a Gen 3. Now I need to find some time to remove the clips and attach it to the truck lol

3FD27DB5-8F7D-4945-A65D-5F55F18B2022.jpeg8691528B-EA76-41C2-859A-257342090992.jpeg

Viewsflores

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for posting the part number I’ve tried getting the part number but the dealerships I contacted didn’t want to give it to me. Planning on ordering the tailgate appliqué and taking off the after market one I bought.