Tailgate appliqué installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KingBluey

Reaction score
My tailgate appliqué just came in and I was told they can install it either by cutting holes into my tailgate for the clips or cut the tabs off the appliqué and use 3m tape. I’m leaning more towards the 3m option, has anyone else gone either route?

Viewsflores

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My tailgate appliqué just came in and I was told they can install it either by cutting holes into my tailgate for the clips or cut the tabs off the appliqué and use 3m tape. I’m leaning more towards the 3m option, has anyone else gone either route?
I did a 3m tape it works good. I would not want to drill holes into my truck.

Wichadicha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aluminium wont rust, I wouldn't worry about the holes. Your call but you'll never remove it so it's one and done.

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OEM tailgates with the applique have holes in them, so I wouldn't worry about holes being drilled into the tailgate. As long as whoever is installing it assumes liability during install, don't sweat it.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id do the 3m. OEM may have holes but they are finished and sealed in the paint process before the install of the appliqué. aluminum may not rust but it does corrode. 3m for sure.

Bill0927

Reaction score
How did you score on your applique.? PLEASE let me know my tailgate looks naked without it. Ford said back ordered for many many month's and it wouldn't adept to my current 2022 tailgate.