Sync MFT, 2014 - Reporting "Entertain. Not Avail."

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

80sTiger

Reaction score
No audio at all. Every other quadrant works fine (Phone, BT, Maps, climate control). But no audio at all. Even when I press buttons on the screen that work. When I try to turn on the system with the hard button, entertainment quadrant reports (at the bottom of the quadrant) "Entertain. Not avail." and refuses to turn on. I've done a master reset of the unit. Could it be a fuse ? Any other ideas ? I recently updated the firmware, but that was weeks ago. Thx.

OP
OP

80sTiger

Reaction score
Well, already solved the problem. Tried pulling, waiting and replacing the fuses for the Sync and also for the audio amplifier. Didn't work. Then I popped the hood and detached the black/ground from the battery for about 10 minutes, then reconnected it. System rebooted again (somehow differently I suppose than the way it did when I did a factory reset through the GUI and also when I removed the fuse). When it came back up, the ENTERTAINMENT quad was available again, normal and completely functional (AM/FM, SAT, USB-PHONE, etc). Had the truck just shy of 6 years, first time this has ever happened.