Sync 4 stereo makes random loud pop on startup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j-man

Reaction score
So whats the fix cauz it just happened to my 22 - build date 05/22
& now the radio doesnt work, but everything else does. Note: i did have my phone connected via bluetooth w/ volume at 1/2 way up when i turned the truck off just prior to this happening.

lawraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
& now the radio doesnt work, but everything else does. Note: i did have my phone connected via bluetooth w/ volume at 1/2 way up when i turned the truck off just prior to this happening.
my build date is 5/22 also. Has happened 3 times to me already. Considering offloading the truck. If at 2k miles it’s having these many electrical issues I’m going to make my profit on the flip.

Stereo is going berserk as previously mentioned, headlights flickering, exhaust internal rattling, passenger door window is only working half the time I press the switch.

Mossy 150

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the loud pop and buzz, after startup. No volume, then that, wow. My daughter was with me, freaked us out. That was at 200 miles, now at 3k and never happened again.

j-man

Reaction score
my build date is 5/22 also. Has happened 3 times to me already. Considering offloading the truck. If at 2k miles it’s having these many electrical issues I’m going to make my profit on the flip.

Stereo is going berserk as previously mentioned, headlights flickering, exhaust internal rattling, passenger door window is only working half the time I press the switch.
Bummer yea freaked me out too. I did tge reset procedure on the radio - did nothing, so i pulled the batt cable off for 10 mins, reconnected & hasnt done it again…this is why i paid extra for a 7yr/75k warranty. Hopefully i wont have to use it

787Jet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Similar thread on here, seems like fix is one of three possibilities. Battery going bad, amp fuse not seated or firmware update. Regardless, I made appointment to get this issue documented and see if it threw a code. Changing audio source made mine go away.
Turned on radio, loud pop, static over speakers and no volume or radio. Switched from XM to Apple CarPlay, went away.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got the loud pop! No screen issues or static. 454 miles on my 2022 with 08/11/22 blend date. System was set on Sirius XM, and it popped as soon as I started it. Then no sound from the speakers. I turned everything off, exited the truck, locked it and walked away. Moments later I re-entered the truck and started it. Still no sound, and no loud pop. I changed the source to FM and it worked. Changed back to Sirius XM and it worked.

BarryT82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2021 made the loud pop a few weeks ago and then the sound went out. I disconnected the battery and that seemed to fix it. It scared the crap out of me when it happened.

BarryT82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this issue again yesterday when starting my truck. I quickly turned the volume knob down and switched the input from Sirius to FM and back to Sirius. The static went away and the music came back on.