Switch Pros Into Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lilla Kharn

Namaste
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all! I have my truck torn completely apart on the passenger side to run the switch pros control module into the cab but I cannot find anywhere or see anywhere where this harness is supposed to be routed through. Has anyone else found somewhere?

OP
OP
Lilla Kharn

Lilla Kharn

Namaste
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Switch pros uses four wires with a little plastic connector on the end.

I have way too many lights for the upfitters. I need 12 outputs as it stands and I’m leaving off half of the wiring as it stands.

justcozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like you figured this out, but I'll add some info for the next guy who tries this.

I went through the passenger side floor. There is a grommet you can run through much easier if you need to bring a bundle into the cab without pissing yourself off with the engine bay grommet or if you have larger wires.

Pull the kick plate on the passenger side door sill and peel the weatherstripping up enough for you to lift the carpet. You can easily see the grommet right there, just inboard of the door sill by about 4-6 inches, which you can get to. I run my wiring straight down inside the engine compartment to the frame and inside the frame back to a hole below the grommet and then up into the cab. You can seal everything up with some extra silicone sealant and not cut your fingers or scream in anger.

I ran my switch pro wiring and larger power cables for the radio through there. Once you are inside of the cab, you can run the wires overhead or to the back seat via the door sill channels. My radio is mounted on the passenger side back seat area, so I have a large power wire that runs through the door sills and then over to a power distribution block on a Builtright plate. Having easier access allows you to bring in those larger wires for a safer install. I've seen a bunch of undersized or marginal wires brought into the cab by people because pulling wire into the cab is such a pain in the ass. The pass-through wires are too anemic the be of much use for higher-powered accessories.

itsrichierich

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like you figured this out, but I'll add some info for the next guy who tries this.

I went through the passenger side floor. There is a grommet you can run through much easier if you need to bring a bundle into the cab without pissing yourself off with the engine bay grommet or if you have larger wires.

Pull the kick plate on the passenger side door sill and peel the weatherstripping up enough for you to lift the carpet. You can easily see the grommet right there, just inboard of the door sill by about 4-6 inches, which you can get to. I run my wiring straight down inside the engine compartment to the frame and inside the frame back to a hole below the grommet and then up into the cab. You can seal everything up with some extra silicone sealant and not cut your fingers or scream in anger.

I ran my switch pro wiring and larger power cables for the radio through there. Once you are inside of the cab, you can run the wires overhead or to the back seat via the door sill channels. My radio is mounted on the passenger side back seat area, so I have a large power wire that runs through the door sills and then over to a power distribution block on a Builtright plate. Having easier access allows you to bring in those larger wires for a safer install. I've seen a bunch of undersized or marginal wires brought into the cab by people because pulling wire into the cab is such a pain in the ass. The pass-through wires are too anemic the be of much use for higher-powered accessories.
How/where did you wire the ignition wire for the Switch Pros?