How To Sway bar removal, DIY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A normal (sissy top heavy truck) with the added width, it would hard to roll this truck. Especially with all the wiz bang gadgets keeping truck in check. I have taken a lot of on and off ramps at 20-30 mph over posted speed and had no problems..

-Greg

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
A normal (sissy top heavy truck) with the added width, it would hard to roll this truck. Especially with all the wiz bang gadgets keeping truck in check. I have taken a lot of on and off ramps at 20-30 mph over posted speed and had no problems..

-Greg

I'm an hour away from testing that theory - I speed through ramps too with it on, now it's time to learn a new style of handling! :)

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I did. Once the links are off, just rotate the sway bar up until it locks against the frame and tie it off.

Once I realized I wasn't going to need the swaybar anymore, I took it off permanently.

Links off this morning. Zip tied to frame. A little more roll. After taking on a few curbs at an angle, I like it. Would have been nice at Texas Raptor Run on the front half of the course. May leave bar on even though some ultimately decided to remove it completely. Probably need to tie it down with something stronger than zip ties.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Links off this morning. Zip tied to frame. A little more roll. After taking on a few curbs at an angle, I like it. Would have been nice at Texas Raptor Run on the front half of the course. May leave bar on even though some ultimately decided to remove it completely. Probably need to tie it down with something stronger than zip ties.

Take the bar off. Less to worry about when offroading (snapping loose and crashing down on something), plus it literally takes less than 5 minutes to put back on. Just my opinion...

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I am on the top perch and it rides pretty rough compared to the stock setting. I am going to try this, this weekend. I am just worried about towing. Some one needs to make a quick disconnect. Or a electric one like the power wagon has.

The trophy truck turn, can you lift the front inside wheel? Or are you guys just exaggerating. If you can we need a video.

Nah, you're not going to get a wheel off the ground with the stock suspension. Just not enough articulation going on in the rear to do it. It does however roll just enough to be kinda fun if you're into little kid stuff like that like me. It's more of a "baseball card in your spokes to be a motorcyle" type deal.

Man if you got to that point, just take the sucker off there. It's super easy. I put mine on before I leave the states because my wife likes it and take it off when I get home so I can play with it. It took me about 45 mins to do laying in my driveway with no jacks or anything to put it back on this last time. It's 8 bolts if IIRC.

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man if you got to that point, just take the sucker off there. It's super easy. I put mine on before I leave the states because my wife likes it and take it off when I get home so I can play with it. It took me about 45 mins to do laying in my driveway with no jacks or anything to put it back on this last time. It's 8 bolts if IIRC.

Lots of peer pressure! If I like it after a week of commuting I will probably completely remove it this Saturday. Will be in the dirt in a few weeks - looking forward to testing it out then.

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm an hour away from testing that theory - I speed through ramps too with it on, now it's time to learn a new style of handling! :)

I hit the 91 west to the 110 south offramp at prob 70 or 80. at the apex of the turn it felt like I was going to fly off the ramp, because its arched upwards. Other than that (it was when I first took it off) I have hit offramps like that no problem. Maybe it was psychological.

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

People comment about the feeling of body roll in the passenger seat, but I'm use to it and don't notice.