How To Sway bar removal, DIY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fozzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remember who Greg Foust works for, Ford would **** a brick if anyone related to the Raptor was telling them to change/modify/take stuff off/point out problems.

svtchris1021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow i never though of this, I heard it alot and now im eager to try it! first thing tomorrow after work, ima take that sway bar offff!

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
wow i never though of this, I heard it alot and now im eager to try it! first thing tomorrow after work, ima take that sway bar offff!

The roll in the corners is pretty entertaining, it makes it do a smaller version of the "trophy truck roll" So you'll find yourself cornering a bit harder to make that happen if you're like me.

off-road is where it really shines though, it smoothed things out a lot since both sides can work completely independent of each other.

For a test, hit a speed bump at an angle that lets both front tires hit it at different times before and after. You'll notice the difference big time.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I ran with the links disconnected for a couple of days and then I went ahead and took it all off. I don't see much roll compared to before, but I definitely see an improvement in independent front suspension. Totally worth it.

svtchris1021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds rllt exciting!! Cant wait to get out of work and take it off :) thanks for the info guy, i got alot of desert around me to test ot :D

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
you have to put a small wrench on the end of the stud or it will spin freely when you try to take the nut off.

Rusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gentleman,
Since I am new to this community, the Raptor, and trucks in general. I can not speak of
off roading in general. Such as I have seen on some of the You Tube Videos.

I see that there is some agressive driving in these video. Not a hellva lot is said about
the supension mods. I will be reading up on them elsewhere.

What I have to add to this thread is that my experience has been paved road courses
and there a Sway bar is without a dought a componant I would not want to be without

My impression here is you don't want the left and right side of your vehicle to move
in unisions with each other. (in the sand, swamp roads washes.) I suppose that would
also be true with rock climming. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I really don't plan on doing a lot of off road driving. I like what the truck looks like
so most of my touring will be on road. I would venture to say that the sway bar would
be benifical there. I take it off road would not benifical.

Does that sum it up. Or is there more that I am unaware of?
Cpomments Please and thanks
Rusty