Suspension questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Both are great shocks but it's a very large stretch to say one is night and day over the other. I could send you a King right now that is set up completely wrong and handle worse than a Rancho 5000. The same be said of the Fox. The real question is how do you use your truck? What kind of driver are you, and do you have someone to tune your shocks for what you like, not what others like. The King is a speed sensitive shock with compression adjustment. This means you can adjust firmness but no matter what the shock is still damping based off shaft speed. To properly set up a speed sensitive shock for the dirt, you will sacrifice daily driving ability.

The Fox is an Internal By-Pass set up meaning it's both speed and position sensitive offering much more versitile shock for both daily driving and the dirt. By-pass technology allows you to fine tune the truck for both small washboard type of stuff and big whoops all while using the same shock.

Moral of the story, both are great shocks. The real question is who is tuning them for you and which shock can give you the best results YOU are looking for, not what you have heard.

Thanks RPG I believe you when you say its all in the tuning for the type of driving that you do. I was told by another vendor that sells both fox and King that it was a night and day difference, when someone is that adamant about something you tend to believe them.
I have no experience with either yet.

Last edited:

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks RPG I believe you when you say its all in the tuning for the type of driving that you do. I was told by another vendor that sells both fox and King that it was a night and day difference, when someone is that adamant about something you tend to believe them.
I have no experience with either yet.

Listen " I can get a great look at a T-bone by sticking my head up the butchers ass, but I'd rather take the bulls word for it":laughing1: Tommy Boy, great movie...

No worries, let us know if we can help.

Jarrett

dmarriott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having 3" fox done today and will share my impressions between stock fox and 3" fox tuned system. Bang for the Buck & feel? Can't wait

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Haha, everyone is working as Jarrett sits here and heckles them on the forum. Well played Jarrett!

Donk74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea Jarrett get to work!!! :)

Some of us are impatiently waiting for more info on the new race bumper.

Boss327

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jarrett hit the nail on the head about the suspension systems. Another reason why RPG rocks :headbang:

As for your stock pieces, your rear shocks will bolt right up to your buddy's truck but the front is where it gets a little more difficult. For him to fit your front shocks, he needs to get Raptor upper arms, lower arms, tie rods and half shafts (with f150 splines)