GEN 2 Sunroof "vent mode" closing problem...able to fix myself, or dealer issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my '19 SCREW, when I open the sunroof by pressing the center "vent mode" button so that the glass lifts up rather than slides back, it then requires 2 presses of the "sunroof close" button in order to close the sunroof. When I press the button the first time, it starts to come down, gets almost closed, and then reverses and lifts up to the vent position again. If I then press the button a second time, it closes just fine. And this happens EVERY time, it's not occasionally, or anything like that. I actually thought it was a feature (and not a bug) until I read through the manual and checked out a friend's new '19 also. The manual says only one press is necessary, and when I checked out my friend's truck, I confirmed that his only requires one press.

So, does anyone have any idea what the problem might be, and whether I can fix it myself? I'd rather not have to bother with taking it to the dealer if I can avoid it (mainly because I don't know how long they'll need to keep the truck, and I don't want to be without it for a period of time). Any thoughts?

TheCappy

Reaction score
Check and see if anything is blocking it from closing the first time. If it encounters an object they are supposed to re-open. Other than that I'm at a loss.

OP
OP
Ski4Ever

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check and see if anything is blocking it from closing the first time. If it encounters an object they are supposed to re-open. Other than that I'm at a loss.
I thought about that, but if something were blocking it the first time, wouldn't it be blocking it the second time also?

Try resetting it.

Thanks, I'll try that!

TheCappy

Reaction score
I thought about that, but if something were blocking it the first time, wouldn't it be blocking it the second time also

One would think so. Whatever it is might move out of the way on the reset and not be present on the second attempt.

Try the reset and report back. I checked my '19 and it closes first time. It was the first time I used the vent.

OP
OP
Ski4Ever

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One would think so. Whatever it is might move out of the way on the reset and not be present on the second attempt.

Try the reset and report back. I checked my '19 and it closes first time. It was the first time I used the vent.
The reset worked perfectly! :) Works with just one press now!