Sunroof Shade Grinding Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi All, recently my sunroof shade started making a clicking/grinding noise when I open and close it on my 2020 screw. Anyone have this issue?

If the shade is open I can open and close the sunroof without issue, I only hear the noise when operating the shade only.

I tried to research this issue but everyone seems to have issues with the sunroof and not just the shade.

Reaction score
I have the exact same thing on my 2020. Dealer ordered me a new shade and whatever comes with it but I've not let them install it because they have to drop the headliner and I do not trust them.

Reaction score
The other morning it was really cold for the first time this year and it was quiet as a mouse. it warmed up about 30 degrees before I left work and on the way hi=ome it was doing it again. A friend of mine had his replaced so I will check with him on how it works.

OP
OP
BoostCreep

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It all functions perfectly and I’m debating whether I want to let the dealer tear into my headliner to fix a noise. It is a loud noise though, best described as grinding and worse when the shade is closing vs opening.

Around the time it started I also notice a quiet rattle over rough surfaces or when going in and out of driveways at an angle.

OP
OP
BoostCreep

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I still have shell shock from a terrible experience where one simple warranty repair turned into a half dozen more serious issues and turned a Rubicon I had into a lemon.

Honestly as long as it keeps functioning I’ll probably just turn the radio up.