Studded 37s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody found a studded 37? I know the stock 37" BFG tires are rated Severe Snow Service Rated (3 Peak Mtn Snowflake - 3PMSF) but sometimes those aren't enough where I live

If not, have you found a brand/model of tire chain that fits well?

My current truck runs Duratrac Wranglers with 3PMSF until winter and then I swap on Duratrac Wranglers that are Studded and 3PMSF. The Duratracs are a different size so they will be sold with the truck once my White 37 shows up.

OP
OP
M

maxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cr*p . you are correct. i was on tirerack's site which is a lot more expensive then discount. The grabbers on DT are cheaper then the BFGs. @Pacific Wheel - much appreciated

OP
OP
M

maxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks .. the Kanati's look like Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs which I used on my tundra. Prefer the General Grabber A/TX since the inner treads are studdable also though they are on a national backorder until May.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Other than on ice, I don't see how studs are better in snow. I think prudent driving outweighs studs.

OP
OP
M

maxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
snow tires work great in snow because the siping in the treads is designed to capture snow crystals which are jagged/rough and these embedded snow crystals help provide grip against the snow crystal on the road. That does not help on ice. prudent driving will not stop a rubber snow tire on solid ice unless it has studs. Where I live, there is a lot of ice and driving without studs puts other drivers at risk when the vehicle slides across the lane, etc.