35s on a 37 package raptor for winter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4jo3

Reaction score
Anyone know what it will take to run the 35s on a 37 package? I assume everything will fit. Issue is offroading in the winter and don't really want to keep changing back and forth between tire sets. Looking at Nokian Hakkapelitta LT2 LT315/70R17 for the mountains. Issue is they really don't make winter tires for 37s. I have an extra set of raptor rims that I would just swap for the summer. I would appreciate it if the speedo was correct. Anyone know if I would need a programmer and if there is a setting to change rolling diameter?? I also don't appreciate the miles going up faster!

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you even seen those tires in stock anywhere?
I have a set on my truck right now. Great tires for the winter, decent offroad too & barely noticeable increase in road noise

My guess is you’d have to do a flash to compensate for the different diameter so your odometer/speedo read accurately, other than that I would imagine the shocks may need a reset too in order to adjust….should be able
To I’d imagine, if basic b***h stock trucks are able to have those computers flashed to compensate for a level & 33”s should be able to do similar on raptor w/ 37”s to 35”s….my guess is won’t be that cut & dry tho, never is lol

TEX273

Reaction score
Anyone know what it will take to run the 35s on a 37 package? I assume everything will fit. Issue is offroading in the winter and don't really want to keep changing back and forth between tire sets. Looking at Nokian Hakkapelitta LT2 LT315/70R17 for the mountains. Issue is they really don't make winter tires for 37s. I have an extra set of raptor rims that I would just swap for the summer. I would appreciate it if the speedo was correct. Anyone know if I would need a programmer and if there is a setting to change rolling diameter?? I also don't appreciate the miles going up faster!
Just use FORScan, set Tire Circumference to 2653mm (Factory setting for 35's) for bfgoodrich all terrain ko2 315/70r17 (appox. 35's). The wheel offset for the 35" truck is 34mm vs 30mm on the 37" in truck, but everything you have mentioned should clear just fine. Those Raptor wheels you have should be 34mm offset. I have a GEN 3 35 truck and put stock GEN 3 37" wheels and 37/12.50R17 BFG all terrains on and fit is perfect, no rub. Full flex there might be an issue with mine. I will find out soon when I take it to Bridgeport TX in early Feb....

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ah, a blast from the past. Hakkapelitta. Haven’t thought about that brand in decades. Really aggressive winter tire which can be equipped with studs. Seems to me other manufacturers have surpassed their drivability even in snow, but certainly after roads are plowed. I see you are in Edmonton though so I guess rough winters there. It’s weird, but as much as I know NY sucks, even when we get huge snowstorms, and I’m speaking north of the City. The plows are amazing and clear the roads immediately. I’ve driven on nothing but AS for decades.

Kernel_Panic

Reaction score
I am about to pull the trigger on a '22 37. I will definitely need proper winter tires for Northern Ontario when I move this year. I was hoping to run some Nokian LT3s up there. Has anyone actually done the 35s on a 37 G3? That is the only thing that's still uncertain in my mind and holding me back from putting down my deposit.