Steering wheel question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shad0w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Anyone notice the red marker on the wheel is slightly off center?
It appears to be on mine, not horribly off center but slightly to the right.
Wheel is straight, so its not the wheel. Just wondering if anyone noticed this as well.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
You knocked it out of alignment.
Atleast it happended to me 4 times now after wheelin one time the red center stripe was actually on the bottom but the truck went straight

OP
OP
S

Shad0w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You knocked it out of alignment.
Atleast it happended to me 4 times now after wheelin one time the red center stripe was actually on the bottom but the truck went straight

Nah the actual wheels are straight, the steering is straight. If you actually measure where the red mark is on the steering wheel, its slightly to the right.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
yeah thats what i meant. it also depends on the crown of the road sometimes its dead straight sometimes not.
i meant you knocked your steering wheel off center. When i land hard its always like 25% to the left. My alignment guys take care of it and then it's centered for a day or 2 or whenever i go fk it up again

when my steering wheel was upside down, the wheels were straight too and the truck kept going straight as well

OP
OP
S

Shad0w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah thats what i meant. it also depends on the crown of the road sometimes its dead straight sometimes not.
i meant you knocked your steering wheel off center. When i land hard its always like 25% to the left. My alignment guys take care of it and then it's centered for a day or 2 or whenever i go fk it up again

when my steering wheel was upside down, the wheels were straight too and the truck kept going straight as well

You're missing my point :)
If I set my steering wheel straight, and I measure from one corner (inside corner) to the red mark and then do the other side, its slightly shifted to the right. Im talking about the placement of the red mark in relation to the actual steering wheel, never mind where the tires are pointing :)

rap7or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't noticed that but there is a cut or seam on the backside of my steering wheel at the 6 o'clock position directly opposite the red stripe.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
S

Shad0w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh so your saying your red stripe was stiched into the steering wheel not in the middle?

Correct :)
Its not off in any major way, I would probably say a few degrees off center.
Its really only noticable if you look for it. Was just curious if anyone else has noticed this also. :)