Steering wheel phone controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CenTexRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had my Raptor in the shop a couple of times since I got it mid-January. All the low-end loaners they give me have a phone button on the steering wheel. Often it uses the "Selecting a Radio Station" buttons as "double duty" since there is no point of using that for radio when in the midst of answering or ending a call. I had hoped the same functionality was on my Raptor, but just not marked, but no such luck. This is just dumb. Is this something they can do with a programming update?
Here is a picture of the "double up" part of the controls, which could easily be done on the Raptor as well.... don't need the pictures, would be great if it could be programmed so that it works using the "Selecting a Radio Station" buttons.
1653954691899.png

CenTexRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a picture of the "double up" part of the controls, which could easily be done on the Raptor as well.... don't need the pictures, would be great if it could be programmed so that it works using the "Selecting a Radio Station" buttons.
View attachment 356888
Here is the 2021 Raptor steering wheel, where the buttons could work as in the prior picture.....
1653955883017.png
Anyone have any good ideas about using these buttons similar to how they are used on every other Ford with steering controls?

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here is the 2021 Raptor steering wheel, where the buttons could work as in the prior picture.....
View attachment 356891
Anyone have any good ideas about using these buttons similar to how they are used on every other Ford with steering controls?
I don’t like this as well (2024) the phone button to answer or hang up was used more than anything. I wonder if forscan* could fix this

Last edited:

DatGuy14

Reaction score
I don’t like this as well (2024) the phone button to answer or hang up was used more than anything. I wonder if forscan* could fix this

I would think it should be either a simple Forscan or coding change because the buttons are already linked to the Sync system.

I just dont know how todo any of that so, I am hoping someone who does will figure it out and let us know.