Stainless Steel Brake Lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tock

Reaction score
Getting around to a much needed brake job on my 2013. Have all the rotors, pads and fluid ready to go, and I was going to upgrade the brake lines to SS from SDHQ. I reached out to their sales guy though who told me after seeing pictures of my rear axle that my outer factory flex lines are not serviceable and only the front and inner rears can be upgraded.

That being said, is it even worth doing if I still have rubber lines in the system? I've heard mixed results about how much improvement they make to begin with, and it would be a more time consuming job that I'd rather avoid if it's not worth the time and money.

Riddick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 14 has the same setup and when I called SDHQ the guy said they found no benefit upgrading the outer flex hoses. With that said, I still went with the full blown upgrade. SS lines, R1 rotors and pads from Rick, and race grade brake fluid ( can’t remember the brand). Since I did everything at once I don’t know what the biggest contributing component is, but my brakes a fantastic. Also another benefit to the SS lines is, once done, you won’t have to worry for a very long them degrading due to the elements.

D

Deleted member 12951

You have two options if you want to replace that last section.
1. Purchase the rear hard lines for a 2011
2. Cut and reflare the ends on yours

Halfway through the year of 2012 (early builds), Ford made the change.

OP
OP
T

tock

Reaction score
My 14 has the same setup and when I called SDHQ the guy said they found no benefit upgrading the outer flex hoses. With that said, I still went with the full blown upgrade. SS lines, R1 rotors and pads from Rick, and race grade brake fluid ( can’t remember the brand). Since I did everything at once I don’t know what the biggest contributing component is, but my brakes a fantastic. Also another benefit to the SS lines is, once done, you won’t have to worry for a very long them degrading due to the elements.

Thanks for the info. I don't want to get in to retrofitting earlier lines in, but good to know you had good results leaving the outer factory houses intact. I'll penproba go ahead and just do the other 4 lines along with all the other parts I already have on the way.

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

In addition to the brake kits we sell, we also sell a SS Line kit for our trucks too. We are also a SDHQ reseller and can sell theirs too if that is your preference. The SS lines we offer can be made the same as stock length up to 9" longer and in different colors.

If you want to cut and flare, we have the kit for that too.