Springs and bumpstops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I posted this in Huck's deaver thread but ddnt hear anything back, wondering if anyone kows the answer or has ideas.

I've also heard we should be lubing these spring packs at least once a year for general maintenance, has anyone does so? I was going to spray some WD40 silicone on my spring, by letting the sag down and getting the lube in between the leafs.

And I have the national HDs and zero sag and ride great on a screw. I have to add my two cents, i think the HDs will ride better on the SCrews better then the SCabs because the SCrew is about 200lbs heavier, so that almost the recommended 500lbs load needed for the HDs sweet spot.

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

another question i have is regarding the drp shackle, i have the ones from SDHQ and I'd like to put them on the lower the rear just a bit, but i'm curious how much distance i need from the strike pad to the bump stop. Anyone know? Anyone have measurements of the distance between the bump and the pad?

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Looks like it supposed to.
How much was your maintenance fee?

Yukon Joe
GREAT LAKES RAPTOR EXCURSIONS

I got the bro discount. Doesn't apply to you.:fuckyea:

I posted this in Huck's deaver thread but ddnt hear anything back, wondering if anyone kows the answer or has ideas.

I've also heard we should be lubing these spring packs at least once a year for general maintenance, has anyone does so? I was going to spray some WD40 silicone on my spring, by letting the sag down and getting the lube in between the leafs.

And I have the national HDs and zero sag and ride great on a screw. I have to add my two cents, i think the HDs will ride better on the SCrews better then the SCabs because the SCrew is about 200lbs heavier, so that almost the recommended 500lbs load needed for the HDs sweet spot.

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

another question i have is regarding the drp shackle, i have the ones from SDHQ and I'd like to put them on the lower the rear just a bit, but i'm curious how much distance i need from the strike pad to the bump stop. Anyone know? Anyone have measurements of the distance between the bump and the pad?

As far as lubing them VG, I would think it could only help.

jcl48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone knows what is the perfect height from a level floor to the bottom edge of the fender flare in an SCrew?? I have Nationals SD, but I have noticed that with little cargo that I put in the bed it starts to sag quickly. Right now I measured the height from floor to bottom of flare and it's at 43.5" with nothing on the bed except for my RollBak Cover which weights around 100 Lbs. In total.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ICONRep

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Does anyone knows what is the perfect height from a level floor to the bottom edge of the fender flare in an SCrew?? I have Nationals SD, but I have noticed that with little cargo that I put in the bed it starts to sag quickly. Right now I measured the height from floor to bottom of flare and it's at 43.5" with nothing on the bed except for my RollBak Cover which weights around 100 Lbs. In total.

Measurements should always be center hub to fender lip so the different tires and wear levels of the said tire is not part of the equation. After market fenders can affect any measurement so that needs to be noted if installed.

jcl48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Measurements should always be center hub to fender lip so the different tires and wear levels of the said tire is not part of the equation. After market fenders can affect any measurement so that needs to be noted if installed.
I will remeasure it today; thanks for the input. I am running stock fenders