SPD Equal Length Resonator Delete (Gen3-like trombone) for Gen2s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I mean, there’s no way deleting the resonator isn’t gonna result in a louder exhaust. The EL loop and crossover H pipe will surely change the tone, but it’s gonna get louder too. My main concern is in cabin drone around 2k rpms in stop and go driving.

Nood1es

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the SPD downpipes, turbo adapters, and QTP cutouts - but the cutouts come with a mid pipe that deletes the same resonator and I have stock cat-back. With the cutouts closed, my truck sounds very similar to the truck on SPD’s site. If I could do it over again, I would buy this resonator delete opposed to the cut outs - they stay closed all of the time.

That’s what I have as well. I welded two resonators after the cutout to quiet it down some more n help with the drone(drone). Debating really hard whether I’m going to scrape the qtp for this.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I mean, there’s no way deleting the resonator isn’t gonna result in a louder exhaust. The EL loop and crossover H pipe will surely change the tone, but it’s gonna get louder too. My main concern is in cabin drone around 2k rpms in stop and go driving.
I am OK with a little louder, but I don't want it LOUD. I did that enough with my cars when I was younger. I even ran straight headers for a little while on a Plymouth 440 I had. It was great to get left lane hangers out of your way! :gr_grin: What sounds awesome in short runs around town is not much fun on a 10 hour drive.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Must be my old ass thinking, but it seems the loop would increase back pressure. Thought you wanted the most free-flowing exhaust on for performance.

In to see how it is once installed.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dual 3” pipes will flow more than the Raptor’s small turbos would ever need, especially with only 1.75 liters of displacement feeding each side. The loop is definitely a flow restriction, but will likely make no difference.

OP
OP
RussellG

RussellG

Reaction score
the video from SPD is with the stainless downpipes (which I have). They make the exhaust significantly louder than with the OEM cats. My Ford Performance Sport exhaust was pretty mild with the OEM cats, once I put the stainless SPD it is much more, umm... vocal. Here is a vid I took today from inside the cabin entering the freeway. About 3/4 throttle. Both front windows down.

Wow, I have the non-stainless version of SPD downpipes and mine is definitely not that loud.

OP
OP
RussellG

RussellG

Reaction score
Is the rest of your exhaust stock? How much do downpipes increase the volume by themselves?
It increased sound a little bit. I wouldnt say significant, but noticeable. Someone posted a video of the stainless downpipes from SPD and my non-stainless SPD downpipes are definitely not as loud. I do also have turbo adapters just like the guy with stainless downpipes.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Dual 3” pipes will flow more than the Raptor’s small turbos would ever need, especially with only 1.75 liters of displacement feeding each side. The loop is definitely a flow restriction, but will likely make no difference.

Ok, so not something to go after if thinking bigger snails.