South Florida Everglades Hang Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MIAMIRAPTA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m considering making a little trip out to the Everglades on Saturday, November 23rd and was wondering if anyone in the area would be interested in joining. At the moment we’d be running through Big Cypress National Preserve, along the same path that Dave (AKA Dkyacht) set up and organized about a year ago. There's tons of high speed straight-aways and slower trails to explore, so I plan to keep an exact itinerary kind of open.

Meet up location would be the Miccosukee service plaza @ Exit 49, also listed as 47801 W State Road 84. From here the trails are only about 5 minutes away.

Nothing’s set in stone, I’m open to additional dates and even additional locations. I’ve hit this spot a couple times and enjoy it because there’s a ton of space and you’re pretty unlikely to be hassled by law enforcement. I’m also open to heading up to JW Corbett in Palm Beach if there’s more interest in doing that. However, I’m not really sure if the trails have begun to dry up yet. So that would likely involve a lot of low speed cruising around.

Feel free to make suggestions and let me know what you guys think! :cheers:

Also, attached is a little vid that was made last year.

Ford F150 Raptor Everglades Run 10-20-12 - YouTube

Last edited:

Ozraptor

Reaction score
I'm up for JW Corbett if you decide to go. Been wanting to check that place out since i got my truck.

OP
OP
MIAMIRAPTA

MIAMIRAPTA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, we'll keep that option open as well. So far I think we've also got 3 confirmed from the Z and another guy I know locally.

OP
OP
MIAMIRAPTA

MIAMIRAPTA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm up for JW Corbett if you decide to go. Been wanting to check that place out since i got my truck.

Looks like the general consensus is for Big Cypress. I'll be staying up in Palm Beach around Thanksgiving though and may make a trip out there then.

achiro

Reaction score
I would love to connect, the 23rd is my wife's bday...so that is the one day I won't be making it out. But keep me updated!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
OP
MIAMIRAPTA

MIAMIRAPTA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bummer, we'll try to get a couple of these runs in this winter though. I just gotta figure out my weekend schedule a littler better before I start committing to anything.

OP
OP
MIAMIRAPTA

MIAMIRAPTA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, reviewed the address I posted earlier and realized that it's a little vague. So the actual location is at the service station at the corner of I75 and Lemon Grove Road, and that's in West Broward County, 00041. If you're coming from the East, it's 35 miles West on I75 from the Turnpike and if you're coming from Naples, it's 55 miles east on I75. Exit 49.

How does a meeting time of 10am sound to you guys? That should have us free by around 2pm.

Attached are some screenshots of the meeting location.

agyma2a7.jpg

7ehu6e4e.jpg

Last edited: